Menu

Confessions ...

It's 9PM and I just ordered a small pizza for myself to eat once I shuttle the kids off to bed. There are plenty of (better) food choices in my kitchen, and to be honest I'm not all that hungry. I could go to bed and be fine until morning. I just saw this amazing pizza commercial, though. I haven't had pizza in several months, and am not sure why it looked SO AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS now of all times. But it did, sigh.

Make me feel better. Confess to something small and trivial so I don't feel like the lame Lone Ranger.

Make me feel better. Confess to something small and trivial so I don't feel like the lame Lone Ranger.
Sorry. I would never admit in a public forum that I ate potato chips for breakfast last week. Twice. ;)

But I do have a funny pizza story.

DH is working awful hours right now and I have been letting DS stay up until 10 or so at night, so he can see his dad for a bit.

Well, the other night, DH got home at 10, played with DS for a bit and read some to him, then tucked him in... DH then went and ordered a sausage and pepperoni pizza for himself.

Me: :001_huh:

I told DH that DS would be out of his bedroom in a flash when he smelled the pizza. DH insisted that DS would never know.

Well, the pizza guy arrived and banged loudly on the front door - right by DS's bedroom window. DS came running out, "Who is that???" DH, "Nobody. Now get back to bed." DS went back in his bedroom, but came out the second door and said, "Mom, who is at the door??" Me, "Nobody. Now get back to bed." DS went back to his bedroom for 15 seconds -- until he got a whiff of that pizza.

He came out, "I smell pizza. I'm hungry; can I have some, please?"

DH, "It is sausage and pepperoni, which you don't like."

DS, " That's okay. I'll eat it." (DS has a serious aversion to anything remotely 'spicy' so hates sausage and pepperoni.)

So DS ate three large pieces of pizza at 10:45 at night. :tongue_smilie:

DH meant to take the leftovers to work the next day but forgot it. I then offered DS the pizza for lunch.

His response?

"No way. It was way too hot. I didn't like it."

Me, "Then why did you eat three slices last night???"

DS, "Because you didn't feed me yesterday!"

:lol:

Not true. But DS has shot up through two pant sizes in the past two months and has been eating anything that isn't nailed down.

May you be blessed with a wonderful late night pizza. By yourself. ;)

I ate a bowl of warm homemade applesauce over granola and topped with cool whip. It sounds healthy until you see dh's applesauce recipe - it involves 2 sticks of butter and a pound of brown sugar for every 6 quarts.

I also ate tortilla chips with dip for lunch. And fed it to dh and ds too.

Pizza delivery? People actually deliver pizza to your door?? :001_huh:

I've never lived in a place where there was a pizza place close enough to deliver. In order to make up for that sad situation, I just ate two hot dogs loaded with onions & huge dill pickle slices, and I'm contemplating a third. :glare:

Someone stop me, *please!*. :ohmy:

I'm on my 4th glass of wine. Please disregard anything I say tonight.

There has also been a lot of cheese consumed this evening. And pecans.

Wine and cheese here too. And one of those amazing Lacey's Chocolate Almond Cookies from TJ... from the package I wasn't going to open til my relatives get here Tuesday...

Follow up confession, I ate four of the six slices. I would have eaten all six slices, I think, except my brother shaved two off before I even got the box. Called it his delivery fee. So much for saving by not having it delivered :glare:

Who am I kidding. The boy did me a favor LOL.

Y'all made me feel so much better. I owe you one :D

And Suzanne, your pizza story was hilarious. I must admit that I chose carryout because I didn't want to have to explain to the kids why the doorbell was ringing so late at night ::blush::. I'm such a chicken!

Follow up confession, I ate four of the six slices. I would have eaten all six slices, I think, except my brother shaved two off before I even got the box. Called it his delivery fee. So much for saving by not having it delivered :glare:

Who am I kidding. The boy did me a favor LOL.

Y'all made me feel so much better. I owe you one :D

And Suzanne, your pizza story was hilarious. I must admit that I chose carryout because I didn't want to have to explain to the kids why the doorbell was ringing so late at night ::blush::. I'm such a chicken!

We really need a "like" button on this forum.