Menu

Is it a sad or happy day when your child's sport season ends.

DS football season ended last night with a loss. I think I am sad that it ended like it did for they played hard even though it was pouring down rain. I enjoy getting to know the parents, watching practices and the overall atmosphere of the football season but so glad to get my evenings and Saturday afternoons back.

I am doing :hurray:: when my daughter's skating season ends (the competition part of it).

No more Sunday morning practices (Mom up at 5am)

No more late night pick ups

No more driving to Massachusetts again and again and again

I like having several months off to recharge my batteries.

Happy! My kids play soccer in the spring and fall, ds wrestles during the winter, and this winter dd will play basketball. Add to that weekly Karate, Confirmation, and PE class. I thoroughly enjoy the two-month breaks between sport seasons. I think my car loves it too.

Both. :D

Sometimes, I am done and ready to move on. Sometimes, I know I am really going to miss it.

We've had some tough "end-of-seasons" lately. I hate when that happens.

I also hate not knowing what is going to happen for the next season. I don't like change so that is hard.

Ending a season on a loss is tough. :grouphug:

It would be a happy day if it ever ended. DH dances until Nationals in Mid-July. Then lessons start up again the end of August. It has been 12 years with barely a month off. In the last 3 years she's been a cheerleader at her school. They start in the beginning of August so she's only had 2-3 weeks off for the past 3 years. Yuck.

This is the first fall since about 2003 that I haven't had one or both boys in club sports of one type or another (sometimes more than one per child) and I also had high school sports on top of that the last three years (for much of the same time period). We were always at sporting events both days of every weekend and many, many of these were out of town, as well.

We are all sort of giddy this fall, LOL, with the newfound peace and TIME that we have. I just finished mulching my beds (12 cubic yards) which I didn't have time to do in spring. I'm finding time to plan all sorts of this!

I was thrilled when DD had her last Soccer game of the fall season. If I'd realized 1st grade soccer meant 3 hours of practice and 2 games a week, I would NEVER have let her sign up!

I do think I'm going to be choked up at the end of this year, because DD is in her last year of Kindermusik, having been in the class since she was 7 weeks old, and I've seen many of her classmates grow from babies and toddlers to 6 and 7 yr old children.

Bitter sweet. With band M-F 6:30-8:30 and all day Saturday, football M-Th 6:30-8:00 and 2 hours on Saturday and Soccer T & Th 6:00-7:30 and Saturday 9:00-10:30 August through October has been really busy. Everyone enjoyed their activities and we are all glad for extra family time now.

For six months of this year, three of my boys played baseball, and my dh coached/assisted/ran the board for one association. We probably had a total of around 150 games this year. So I'm happy and sad.

Happy because we get more down time, more time to not rushrushrush everywhere, more time to do different things like camp, more time for my brain to breathe!

Sad because I LOVE watching my boys play, LOVE the energy, LOVE the people/places/competition.

I wish we could have the same number of games spread out over an entire year. That would be ideal. 'Course it isn't gonna happen in this climate!

I think it's a relief! However, the next season always starts up a week later! I talked to dd yesterday and by high school athletic rules, she can take a FULL WEEK off between gymnastics and swimming. Of course, she'll die if she does, but it's tempting. She has a meet 5 hours a way this weekend and I just might skip it... She'll do track in the spring, ds will be swimming, youngest has gymnastics at the middle school and then we slam into summer swim season, again.

Hey, your dd and mine are on the exact same schedule! My dd does gymnastics, diving, and track in Colorado high school competition.

I have no idea how she gets all her homework done.

:party::cheers2::w00t:

Both of my dc do fall soccer which, here, means Saturdays in the cold and gray and rain and snow. However, this year we are having the MOST BEAUTIFUL fall in 12 years....it has been Indian Summer and so I'm not nearly as ready for it to all end. But then I remember that I get my Saturdays and Sundays back and :party::cheers2::w00t:

Edited by Debbie in OR