Menu

What is your favorite pie to eat on Thanksgiving?

It's my time of year for pumpkin! I love it, but for some reason I only have it at Thanksgiving. It has to be served with Cool Whip, the bad whip cream, unfortunately. Something great about that combination.

LOL...I only eat fresh whipped cream and I have become known in my family as the whipped cream snob. LOL If I am at a family event, I am always asked to bring the whipped cream and I always wonder, when I show up with it, if they all just sigh a little, and figure they will have to 'settle' for fresh instead. :lol: I have told every one that they are free to use what ever they want, I don't care what they eat...but they always 'say' they prefer mine but don't want to do the work themselves....but I secretly wonder if it is true. :lol:

LOL...I only eat fresh whipped cream and I have become known in my family as the whipped cream snob. LOL If I am at a family event, I am always asked to bring the whipped cream and I always wonder, when I show up with it, if they all just sigh a little, and figure they will have to 'settle' for fresh instead. :lol: I have told every one that they are free to use what ever they want, I don't care what they eat...but they always 'say' they prefer mine but don't want to do the work themselves....but I secretly wonder if it is true. :lol:

LOL! I'm the same way about real whipped cream. I hosted a wedding shower a while back and the bride to be wanted strawberry shortcake. I was supposed to supply the "squirt type whipped cream". I think I must have looked totally shocked because the lady-in-charge asked if I would prefer something else. I told her that I usually use the real stuff to which she replied, "Really? I've never learned how to make that myself". This lady is a professional cake decorator!:001_huh:

You wouldn't believe how many women crowded around my Kitchenaid as I whipped up the cream. It was put into a decorating bag and nicely piped onto the dessert :D I thought everyone knew how to make whipped cream!

LOL! I'm the same way about real whipped cream. I hosted a wedding shower a while back and the bride to be wanted strawberry shortcake. I was supposed to supply the "squirt type whipped cream". I think I must have looked totally shocked because the lady-in-charge asked if I would prefer something else. I told her that I usually use the real stuff to which she replied, "Really? I've never learned how to make that myself". This lady is a professional cake decorator!:001_huh:

You wouldn't believe how many women crowded around my Kitchenaid as I whipped up the cream. It was put into a decorating bag and nicely piped onto the dessert :D I thought everyone knew how to make whipped cream!

You know what else is fun...the canister thing that you add the cream and a bit of sugar and then use one of those catridges. I bought my uncle one of those one Christmas and we put whipped cream on EVERYTHING that entire vacation!

You know what else is fun...the canister thing that you add the cream and a bit of sugar and then use one of those catridges. I bought my uncle one of those one Christmas and we put whipped cream on EVERYTHING that entire vacation!

I have never heard of it! Sheesh I just always do it the old fashioned way - or would that be putting it in a jar and shaking it?;) I'm going to have to look up that canister thingy because my ds#1 at college really misses the real stuff.

I love any kind of pie! But I make a couple of special pies at Thanksgiving and Christmas. My sister gave me a Pumpkin Chiffon Pie recipe that is fabulous and we like the Millionaire Pie (ala Furr's Cafeteria fame) as well. Typically we have 5 or 6 different pies for each holiday.

Ohhhh - I forgot about Millionaire Pie! We don't have a Furr's here. What am I going to do???