Menu

Hoped I'd never need to ask, but...Would you eat this?

Please feel free to ignore this thread if it's the kind that makes you shake your head in disgust, lol.

I'm making carnitas, and put some chunks of pork shoulder roast in the crock pot on high at around 8:30am. Thirty minutes later I put it down to low, but at around 1:00pm I realize I'm not smelling that delicious smell. Apparently I accidentally turned it off instead of down, and now it's sort of a gross lukewarm temp. I put it back on high, but I'm afraid it's too late and I could be dealing with a bacterial cess pool.

Sooooooo, would you eat this?

Edited by Mamabegood
little typo :-)

Let's see - partially cooked for 30 min. right? Then left covered but still warm for 4 hours. I think I'd finish cooking it on high to get the temp. up and then yes, I would eat it. But I think I'm more on the adventurous side than some here on this board.

Me too. :D

I would not eat that, but I'm never very adventurous when it comes to room temperature animal products. I won't even cut the mold off of cheese.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I wouldn't take a chance, but I've had food poisoning (more than once,) and it's so miserably awful that I wouldn't risk my family's health if I have even the slightest doubt about whether or not a food item has been tainted. It's just not worth it to me. I know I'm probably a complete lunatic, though!

Cat

Let's see - partially cooked for 30 min. right? Then left covered but still warm for 4 hours. I think I'd finish cooking it on high to get the temp. up and then yes, I would eat it. But I think I'm more on the adventurous side than some here on this board.

:iagree: I get squeamish about eggs and mayo left out but I would be fine with this as long as it's cooked.

:iagree: I get squeamish about eggs and mayo left out but I would be fine with this as long as it's cooked.

But, see, I never did understand the "don't leave mayo" out thing, b/c anyone who has ever worked food service of any kind knows that the mayo gets left out. For hours and hours and hours, and then put in the fridge, and then left out again the next day for hours and hours and hours.

:confused: