Menu

Medical question about bOOks.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am feeling your thoughts and prayers.

I am no longer worried about what the techs said to me. I do not feel sad.

I am putting my trust in Jesus.

Again, I'm sorry to keep so many concerned people wondering. I just couldn't get to the computer. The kids and I just needed to be together. Each time I tried to get on my 9 year old would come lurk over my shoulder. I hope everyone understands.

Years ago while my husband was in Iraq before I had children I got mastitis. It was so painful that I couldn't wear a bra or wear my seatbelt across my chest. I went to the doctor and they did all the tests and all they found was swelling of the tissue ducts. It turned out I was drinking WAY too much coffee and not enough water. Praying for you!

I am feeling your thoughts and prayers.

I am no longer worried about what the techs said to me. I do not feel sad.

I am putting my trust in Jesus.

Again, I'm sorry to keep so many concerned people wondering. I just couldn't get to the computer. The kids and I just needed to be together. Each time I tried to get on my 9 year old would come lurk over my shoulder. I hope everyone understands.

you are too sweet for words!!! Don't apologize, you did the right thing! You spent the day with your family! We all are very concerned for you and glad you are feeling better!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I

:001_smile: Well, I didn't mean it *that* way. Sweet dreams.

I'm praying it's an infection or something very benign that was more clearly seen on the MRI!

Maybe this would encourage you a little?

When my first child was born, she kept "forgetting" to breath! She breathed very sporadically and sometimes pause until her lips turned blue. She set off the hospital alarms all the time with her "ABC" episodes. We were sent to a children's hospital where they did all kinds of tests on her, including a spinal tap and a brain MRI.

The tech from the brain MRI kept sighing, shaking her head, and saying things like "I need to get another picture of that". When I asked if everything looked normal, she said "I can't say anything. Your doctor will have to talk to you about it." My husband and I were SURE that there was a major abnormality in her brain based on that tech.

We didn't see a doc that could give us any updates until morning. She walked in and said that everything on the MRI looked fine and we needed to run a few other tests. We were SHOCKED!

FYI--after tons of crazy tests we found out my dd had very severe reflux that was pressing on some nerve that caused her to stop breathing! Of all things, baby heartburn!

I am praying for you. I have had so many tests where techs scared me to death with their aloofness only to find out nothing was there! Techs honestly don't know most of the time. They know how to get a clear picture. They know when something doesn't look "normal," but they have no idea what the abnormal means (usually). I guarantee you that a tech wouldn't know IBC on an MRI scan because IBC is very rare and many doctors have never even seen it before! The tech just wanted to assure you that the pictures were the best she could hope for and that your doctor should really be able to tell when he sees them.

I am praying so very hard for you. Stay strong - your strength in these posts has already been an inspiration to me. You are really holding together so well in something that I know has to be so scary for you. Waiting for results is ALWAYS scary...but especially when you think it could be so serious.

*HUGS*