Menu

Adison is 1kg

:party:

Such a milestone for my beautiful boy! 1kg at todays weigh in.

Since the last update they have begun treatment for a hole in the heart, we should know if that worked later today. He remains ventilated for the moment but hopefully he will be back on CPAP in the next few days. He is on 3 courses of antibiotics to kill an infection of a bug which can cause meningitis. He is still tolerating his continuous milk feeds via a tube. He is wriggling and squrming, opening his eyes and generally looks well.

:hurray::hurray::hurray: Yay, Adison! You'll be eating Vegemite sandwiches in no time :D That's such good news, Amber. Some friends just celebrated their son's 2nd birthday. He was born at 24 weeks and had a bunch of complications that required lots of immediated intervention. He is now one of the chubbiest, liveliest and smartest little men I know :) These babies are tough little cookies.

Congratulations!!!!!! How are YOU doing through all of this? I'm sure it's an emotional roller coaster. :grouphug:

The first week was the toughest emotionally. Coming to terms with what had happened and the reality facing us was tough, add to that the hormone changes from my milk coming in and it was a teary time. I am doing much better now, very positive, and physically making a great recovery. I am staying with my parents in the city so that I can visit with Adison each day and drop off milk. I am missing DH and the kids terribly as they are back at our home, a 2 hour trip away. They will be visiting each weekend though.

You hand in there, I'm happy to hear he's gaining weight.:grouphug:

The first week was the toughest emotionally. Coming to terms with what had happened and the reality facing us was tough, add to that the hormone changes from my milk coming in and it was a teary time. I am doing much better now, very positive, and physically making a great recovery. I am staying with my parents in the city so that I can visit with Adison each day and drop off milk. I am missing DH and the kids terribly as they are back at our home, a 2 hour trip away. They will be visiting each weekend though.

:party:

Such a milestone for my beautiful boy! 1kg at todays weigh in.

Since the last update they have begun treatment for a hole in the heart, we should know if that worked later today. He remains ventilated for the moment but hopefully he will be back on CPAP in the next few days. He is on 3 courses of antibiotics to kill an infection of a bug which can cause meningitis. He is still tolerating his continuous milk feeds via a tube. He is wriggling and squrming, opening his eyes and generally looks well.

That is great news! My girls were 12.5 weeks early and had to undergo the same treatment for the heart. With one twin it worked the first time, with the other twin they had to do it a second time. I know how scary the days in the NICU can be, but the celebrations are awesome and wipe out the scary stuff. :grouphug: