Menu

Pinworms

Yes, here in Australia you can buy worming medication over the counter easily. You can even get chocolate flavoured stuff ;)

Are we talking about animals or people? How the heck do you get worms? Or better yet how do we not get them, because my kids are into everything and if this is on the horizon I am only amazed we haven't seen them yet. (off to Google)

Are we talking about animals or people? How the heck do you get worms? Or better yet how do we not get them, because my kids are into everything and if this is on the horizon I am only amazed we haven't seen them yet. (off to Google)

Talking about people. Apparently you can pick them anywhere, like you pick up a virus. I'm sure google told you more than you'd like to know. Dh found out that 1 in 8 people in the US have them per year. I think handwashing is key to not getting them.

It sounds gross but its really no big deal. Most animals have parasites- us included. The most common physical symptom is an itchy bottom. Keeping kids' nails cut short is another way of preventing transmission....when they scratch their butt, the eggs get under nails.

At night time, the little critters come out to play, so you can actually see them. But, if you notice your kids scratching down there a lot, it is likely to be worms.