Menu

So what are your favorite family-friendly, not-so-scary, fall/halloween movies....

Every Halloween we have to watch 'Mad Monster Party'. We LOVE that movie. It is funny and our fave! We also like 'The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown'. Another great Halloween movie is 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' but that one might be a little scary for youngers.

I still have nightmares from Something Wicked THis Way Comes :(

Yet I love many different horror movies.

The Little Vampire is kind of cute.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks is a fave classic that would fit the theme.

Monster House might also fit. It was a little scary, so maybe not for the under 7 crowd.

Monsters, Inc. might also fit. It is fine for any age, IMO. Really, really cute, too.

The Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy is sort of based on the Disney World ride. It's not great cinema by any means, but it does have some pretty funny moments, and if you've ever been on the ride, you'll have fun noticing the nods to the actual ride.

Little Monsters with Fred Savage and Howie Mandell is a bit scary in some parts, but we LOVE it here at Halloween.

Anything Tim Burton! Nightmare before Christmas, Coraline, Beetlejuice, Corpse Bride, etc!

Halloweentown ( I love them all)

Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

Twitiches, too (kind of girly)

Blackbeard's Ghost (an awesome old Disney Classic that many people forget about!!)

Ghostbusters is a favorite around here year-round :001_smile:

Casper

The Haunted Mansion (Eddie Murphy)

The Addams Family

Escape to Witch Mountain

Halloween is our favorite Holiday. We have already started decorating!

Edited by 3littlekeets

My son is 11...

Thanks for the great suggestions. I think our family will enjoy many of these. There are several that will be first timers for us.

You have to pinky swear not to throw tomatoes before you highlight my suggestion..

Spongebob Halloween

haha...okay no tomatoes:) my son would high-five you for this suggestion!