Menu

Are your boys circ'd?

Is there that much more handling of parts when they're uncut? I know there shouldn't be (ironically, I feel like an expert of the uncirced peni :lol: just from the bazillion circ threads on here), but is there really that much handling/manipulating going on?

Not by me, but my 5yo son has been known to grab his foreskin for fun and pull it so hard that I'm surprised it's still intact. Plenty of handling and manipulating happening regularly in my house.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

? I'm with MamaDuck on this one. I really can't imagine a penis beauty contest, rather, I can't imagine a winner.

Yeah, it's the only body part uglier than feet. My son isn't circumcised and I was unprepared for how much it would resemble an elephant's trunk. Then again, I wasn't really prepared for the R2-D2 look either.

Barb

How hard is it to know, "Leave the thing alone until the child can retract it himself. Just clean the penis like you would any other body part."? I agree that there is a lot of ignorance on the subject, but it isn't complicated or difficult to understand.

And if you'd never been exposed to it? As much as this thread might make it seem like the vast majority of parents KNOW about uncirced penises, many don't. For some people that's not even a consideration either way.

Yeah, it's the only body part uglier than feet. My son isn't circumcised and I was unprepared for how much it would resemble an elephant's trunk. Then again, I wasn't really prepared for the R2-D2 look either.

Barb

:lol:

Not by me, but my 5yo son has been known to grab his foreskin for fun and pull it so hard that I'm surprised it's still intact. Plenty of handling and manipulating happening regularly in my house.

:p Well, R2D2 and elephant trunks have that in common then. Their lack of foreskin did nothing to keep the boys from exploring themselves.

But 85% of a small number is still a small number, just like 9-10x higher than miniscule odds of penile cancer is still miniscule.

And I get regular UTIs, have done since I was a little girl, no one suggested I be circed. Girls odds of UTIs are hugely higher than boys but we arent suggesting routine female circ.

Precisely.

LOL! Here also...you'd think it'd hurt!

Barb

:lol:

I read an ethnographic account of a South American native tribe who, until contact and the introduction of shorts to wear, customarily stretched their foreskins long enough to tie to a belt-string. You weren't old enough to be considered a man until it reached.

Even they didn't have anyone but themselves messing with it, though.

Nope, with a foreskin you can streeeeeeeeeeetch it muuuuuuuuuuuch further. :lol:

:blink::smilielol5:

I read an ethnographic account of a South American native tribe who, until contact and the introduction of shorts to wear, customarily stretched their foreskins long enough to tie to a belt-string. You weren't old enough to be considered a man until it reached.

Even they didn't have anyone but themselves messing with it, though.

:eek: I remember watching something on 'Taboo' about a man that would wrap his around a stick and stretch it and stretch it and stretch it. I have to admit, I found it riveting (in a train crash sort of way), but dh and the boys had to leave the room :laugh:

:blink::smilielol5:

:eek: I remember watching something on 'Taboo' about a man that would wrap his around a stick and stretch it and stretch it and stretch it. I have to admit, I found it riveting (in a train crash sort of way), but dh and the boys had to leave the room :laugh:

That reminds me of an off-Broadway show I saw called Puppetry of the Penis. It was riveting and hilarious!

(Oh, and ds is circ'd)

But 85% of a small number is still a small number, just like 9-10x higher than miniscule odds of penile cancer is still miniscule.

And I get regular UTIs, have done since I was a little girl, no one suggested I be circed. Girls odds of UTIs are hugely higher than boys but we arent suggesting routine female circ.

And surely if some older men have problems with hygiene, then some older women must too, but we don't remove the labia at birth in order to forestall it.

Laura

Edited by Laura Corin

They ignore the reduced risks of contracting many STDs including HPV and HIV that comes with circumcision. And nothing about what spreading diseases to partners can do.

Huh. Considering the fact that about 75% of Americans have HPV at some point in their lives, most cases occur between ages 18 and 28, and the majority of males in that age category are circumcised, I just can't imagine it plays all that impressive a role.

My own HPV obviously didn't care about a lack of foreskin.

The concept of spreading diseases should NEVER be overlooked, circ or no. There are plenty of diseases proven to be equal among cir and non-circ, not to mention the diseases that don't really care about condoms, either (like HPV). That's all about what you do with an ADULT penis, not an infant's.

With uncirc'd son. I have cousins with uncirc'd boys - no uti's in any of them either. I have friends with uncirc'd boys - no uti's in them either.

My dd has repeated uti's. Her husband is circ'd. My oldest sister has uti's all the time. Her hubby is circ'd. My second sister has a dh who is NOT circ'd. She has never had a female infection. My first husband gave me HPV. He is circumcised.

I'm sorry. I just don't buy the stats.