Menu

First day of school today

Sadly, that means 20 min. in the a.m. for computer time :001_huh: That's like walking through the forest of lions, tigers, and bears! OH MY!

I'm looking forward to a great day and an easy transition into the coming year. Pray for me, please, that I would be gentle and patient and remember to push the fun button as often as possible.

It also means our first day of full time high school --- :001_huh: I'm prepared, but a wee bit nervous!

Hope ya'll have a great day, too. I'll miss our hours of time together, sweet hive!

Good Luck! And high school - Whew! What's that? :lol:

We've already started school, but I plan to really ramp up the math in August. I wanna shift the concentration from reading/LA to math/science this school year.

Good luck with your goals! And with high school - YIKES! :willy_nilly:

I'll be thinking of you today. We were to start today, but Pappaw came and stayed for a week ..... so next Monday it is. I've got everything copied, half of it hole punched and a file box with a full box of empty file folders that just sits there taunting me.... But I'm gonna get it today, mark my words ....

Aludlam - Is Pappaw a grandfather? I used to call my grandfather Pappaw but I've never heard it used before.

Tina - GOOD LUCK!!!! Keep us posted as to how it goes for your high schooler. WOW! High school!

Capt_Uhura

Yes! My mom was Mammaw. We're in the South. It's pretty common here!

Sadly, that means 20 min. in the a.m. for computer time :001_huh: That's like walking through the forest of lions, tigers, and bears! OH MY!

I'm looking forward to a great day and an easy transition into the coming year. Pray for me, please, that I would be gentle and patient and remember to push the fun button as often as possible.

It also means our first day of full time high school --- :001_huh: I'm prepared, but a wee bit nervous!

Hope ya'll have a great day, too. I'll miss our hours of time together, sweet hive!

Hope you have a wonderful first day of school!!! And YAY:party:HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!

Yes! My mom was Mammaw. We're in the South. It's pretty common here!

Oaky, can you give me a phonetic pronunciation of Mammaw and Pappaw. We are looking for names our grandchildren can call us and can't come up with anything yet. I think I like Mammaw and Pappaw. Is it pronounced

Mam (short a) Maw

Pap (short a) Paw

Oaky, can you give me a phonetic pronunciation of Mammaw and Pappaw. We are looking for names our grandchildren can call us and can't come up with anything yet. I think I like Mammaw and Pappaw. Is it pronounced

Mam (short a) Maw

Pap (short a) Paw

Yes, that's how we say it. That's what I plan on being when I grow up!

Yes, that's how we say it. That's what I plan on being when I grow up!

We say it that way too. I could never be Mamaw though--my Mammaw and Pappaw were so special. I miss them.

Tina, have a great today and the rest of the week. I'll be joining you on that "nervous, just starting high school" thing in about 3 weeks. I can't wait to hear how your day/week goes.

My brain won't go there. We're at the beach visiting family and I plan on slurping every last bit of summer from the bottom of the cup :tongue_smilie:. We started summer in May and I think we'll take off through the end of August. There are certainly perks to having littles!!

Your blog got a makeover! I like it.