Menu

Come be jealous of me- I'm moving to England, baby!

With all the talk of The Green Monster (and its my biggest moral failing, bar none, so I feel qualified to poke fun at it!) I thought I'd give you all something to be jealous about.

We're moving to ENGLAND!

'Course, the Army, in its infinite wisdom, moved our date to August 1, rather than Dec, so now we're jumping through all sorts of stressful hoops with the pets, and will likely spend $$$ for me to fly back to get them when they can enter the country, since we haven't got time to complete the UK's pet scheme.

ANd I'm majorly overwhelmed with Momma Guilt for moving the kids from the first place they have really great friends, and my DD's world class gym, and getting the house,car and all our junk ready.

But forget all that- its ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay me!!! We'll be doing the modern age next year, and then ancients...in Europe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hurray::party::biggrinjester::thumbup:

(*Note- you are allowed to disregard my complete and utter joy and neener-neener-neener attitude, if you will celebrate with me!))

Cami,

I think you post on another board I go to. Either that or your story is EXACTLY the same, lol.

Anyway, congrats on the orders! We are stationed in Italy right now. Next year will be our first year homeschooling and I was SO excited when I realized we'd be studying Ancients, while living in Italy! I mean, how much better can it get?

Good luck on your move!

(*Note- you are allowed to disregard my complete and utter joy and neener-neener-neener attitude, if you will celebrate with me!))

That is just too neet. What fun! News like that deserves a little celebration. Just hope the prep goes smoothly -- as much as it can anyway.

Couldn't find a "jealous" smilie or I'd throw that in, too. This little guy is green -- he'll do -- :D

My son reeeeeeely, reeeeeely wanted to go to England after doing Minimus Latin. The program is based on real archeological evidence of a (Roman) family and their (Greek and uh, Scottish?) servants living near a Roman fort in Roman Britain. So the children get to translate a birthday party invitation written in Latin, but there is also a photograph of the (burnt but still readable) invitation written in 100 AD in Vindolanda.

Ah, Vindolanda. Here is the website of the actual site of Vindolanda:

http://www.vindolanda.com/

Enjoy!

Julie

We lived in England when I was a kid (1977-1980). My dad worked for Ford and was tranfered over there for 3 years. I went back for 1 1/2 yrs for college. Living in england and having the opportunity to see Europe is probably the best thing that ever happened to me! Or at least it had the most impact on forming the person I am today.

We might be going over in November (dh and kids).

England will always be in my heart! Treasure every second.

On a side note, as much as I loved England, I love America more! It is VERY difficult to be away from home for so long. You will have a GREAT appreciation for the US like never before. Be prepared.

You all are welcome any time!

Well, maybe not, but thats the polite thing to say.

We *are* doing Minimus next year- I am going to ease us into Latin now that my youngest is old enough. How cool!

And Janice, I *do* know you! I think. Do you have an avatar of a sub? And you used to live in Washington? And you know what the Crock Pot Wars of 2005 were?;) I'm over there more than here, but trying to get more inspired as my hs'ing enthusiasm is waning after 5+ years so reading over here more often.

We've had some dreadful assignments- I don't want to say as someone here may live there and love it, but...we totally deserve a "good" assignment, at last. Yippee!

Well, I am jealous, but in an "Oh, my gosh, I'm so happy for you and your family kinda way". My husband and I have dreams of moving to either northern England (Cumbria or Yorkshire areas) or the Highlands of Scotland and opening a B&B after we retire. Have an absolutely awesome time there!!

I visited England after my senior year of high school :001_tt1: That was me. I fell in love. My husband is prior military but we wound up in Japan for our overseas tour. My heart longs to go back to ol' England and sip some tea.

Have FUN, enjoy every moment, and I'll be sure to let you know what days I'll be needing that guest room ;)

What good fortune! I'm happy for you, but jealous, too. I've been lurking among all the "income" threads and feeling a bit stuck. Dh's business is SO not portable. So, it looks like we're here for the long haul.

Have a wonderful experience, and best wishes in your transition. At least the destination makes the stress of the getting there more worth it!

Doran