Menu

Do you ever get the distinct feeling you are on someone's

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! You're not a dog anymore! What will I do?:lol:

Uhm....are you saying that you like my new look? I started a thread to try and deal with the hair and thought a pic of me might be helpful to folks who (like me) are more visual.

But, if you need to picture my dog asking about curlers....go right ahead! :)

YES!!!! Especially when I say something, and then later someone else says the exact same thing and they get thanked or whatever?!?! It's weird.:mellow:

I've had that happen a couple of times. Other than that, I think I might be on some people's ignore lists. I don't post very often though so it may just be that noone really knows who I am.

I don't have anyone on my ignore list. I love reading some of the more controversial threads, even if I don't participate. :D

Edited by dottieanna29

Uhm....are you saying that you like my new look? I started a thread to try and deal with the hair and thought a pic of me might be helpful to folks who (like me) are more visual.

But, if you need to picture my dog asking about curlers....go right ahead! :)

:lol:

Yes! I do like you're new look. And, I saw that thread, but I don't use curlers so I didn't open it, thereby missing the correlation. :D

I must admit, I get used to people's avatars and then I'm lost when they change them. However, you're much prettier than your dog (even if your dog is hilarious).

Dorinda

YES!!!! Especially when I say something, and then later someone else says the exact same thing and they get thanked or whatever?!?! It's weird.:mellow:

I must be on your ignore list because I said the same thing back on page 1.

;)

ETA: to further prove my point dottieanna29 quoted you and not me so now I must be on the ignore lists of two people. But I have MariannNova to keep me company so it's all good.

Edited by The Dragon Academy

Yes! I do like you're new look. And, I saw that thread, but I don't use curlers so I didn't open it, thereby missing the correlation. :D

I must admit, I get used to people's avatars and then I'm lost when they change them. However, you're much prettier than your dog (even if your dog is hilarious).

Dorinda

Well, aren't YOU a sweet talker? You are! You are!

Flattery like that will get you all the curry and cookies you can handle, girlfriend!~:tongue_smilie:

Thank you!

;)

ETA: to further prove my point dottieanna29 quoted you and not me so now I must be on the ignore lists of two people. But I have MariannNova to keep me company so it's all good.

:lol: I only read the first few posts and then a few random pages. I was up at 6am this morning, after falling asleep at 4am. We drove from Maryland to Myrtle Beach and the air conditioning on our truck gave out half way through North Carolina. It was brutally hot today, my youngest couldn't take the wind from the windows fully open on the highway and 501 was a parking lot for about 14 miles. I'm wasn't feeling up to reading the entire thread tonight but wanted to reply. :D

Edited to add: The read question is what am I doing on these boards instead of going to bed??? I think I may be addicted.

Edited by dottieanna29

I'm also a thread killer. And to top it off, I only submit about a third of the posts I actually write.

Julie D.

:D Me too! I just figure it's because I don't have an avatar and I'm sort of a newbie. I agonize over every. single. word. now because I hate to be a thread killer. :001_unsure:

We spent two years in Panama without A/C in the car. It was like torture.

And, btw, this is NOT just another post.

It is my ONE THOUSANDTH (apparently I do not know how to spell that word!) POST!!!

Only alcohol and/or chocolate is appropriate for such an occasion!! :001_smile:

Congratulations! I think alcohol soaked chocolates are appropriate.

I also like Val Kilmer in Real Genius. :)

I do have a couple of people on ignore, but they are banned or post rarely. I find most people to have valuable input on some subject or other.

Ikwym by having people say the same thing as you. I figure people aren't reading the thread in order or that someone else phrased it more to people's liking.

We drove from Maryland to Myrtle Beach and the air conditioning on our truck gave out half way through North Carolina. It was brutally hot today, my youngest couldn't take the wind from the windows fully open on the highway and 501 was a parking lot for about 14 miles. I'm wasn't feeling up to reading the entire thread tonight but wanted to reply. :D

Ouch - you're forgiven.

Ouch - you're forgiven.

Thank you. :lol:

Whenever I am -too tired, don't have time, have to run out - but really want to reply to something I usually read the initial post and then either the last page or pages 5, 10, 15, etc. This way I figure I will catch if the thread takes a complete different turn and I won't look like a total lunatic answering the original post. I probably miss a lot this way though.

Edited by dottieanna29

I don't have a list either, but I'm 99.99% that I'm on somebody's. But I approach it from the "oh well, their loss" point of view. ;)

I see no need for those lists, are we in elementary or what, with cliques and ignores? You always have the option of skimming, or just walking over what seems unimportant or distressing to you.

I so often don't read names before I read the post and there are a very few whose posts I have ZERO desire to EVER read. I wish the program TOTALLY blocked that they had even posted---the way FB blocks people....but at least I get a warning and I can choose to look or not.

Sometimes I think that I must be on everyone's ignore list. I swear that sometimes I can hear an echo after I post. :001_smile:

Really? I feel like I'm *always* agreeing with you...or disagreeing with you...depending upon the issue, more agreeing than disagreeing though, I think. :lol:

Really? I feel like I'm *always* agreeing with you...or disagreeing with you...depending upon the issue, more agreeing than disagreeing though, I think. :lol:

I agree we do seem to agree an awful lot. Frequently I check to see if you have already posted on a thread before I add my two cents because I can often just read yours and say ditto. You always manage to say whatever is it that I am thinking and in a much more elequent manner than I would have.

This is the place to practice :D

I like your avatar pic. It looks like it is waiting for something important and now I want to know what it is, but there is no use asking you because you don't know what armadillos think about.

Rosie

Sadly, I don't. But armadillos are special to me, and I've collected all sorts of armadillos for years. Not live, not roadkill, btw. :tongue_smilie:

I agree we do seem to agree an awful lot. Frequently I check to see if you have already posted on a thread before I add my two cents because I can often just read yours and say ditto. You always manage to say whatever is it that I am thinking and in a much more elequent manner than I would have.

I do this *a lot* if I'm posting from my phone. :lol: I don't know that I'm particularly eloquent, I TRY to be diplomatic, at the least. :D

But armadillos are special to me, and I've collected all sorts of armadillos for years. Not live, not roadkill, btw.
I was a volunteer at my local zoo when I was a teenager and one of the animals I helped care for was an armadillo -- he was so cute! Unfortunately he was overweight and had to be put on a diet; when he rolled up in a ball his armor covered all around, except for this ring of fat that stuck out, lol. I can identify with that now :blink:

Lately, I've found it easier to just operate as if no one likes me. If they do, it's a nice surprise. If they don't I don't have to deal with more rejection.

I can't ignore anyone, I'm entirely too curious about what people have to say.

LOL Yes! Same here! :D

And for the record, I think you are kewl. :D

I was a volunteer at my local zoo when I was a teenager and one of the animals I helped care for was an armadillo -- he was so cute! Unfortunately he was overweight and had to be put on a diet; when he rolled up in a ball his armor covered all around, except for this ring of fat that stuck out, lol. I can identify with that now :blink:

That might be the funniest thing I have ever read. I cannot stop laughing! Thank you so much!!!!! I so needed a good laugh!!!

Thank you!

Now I feel like I sorta hijacked this thread. Sorry....

Oh, Kym, please don't worry about hijacking this thread. It's my thread, and you can post anything you want in here. If someone doesn't like it, they can just put you on ignore. heehee

:lol:Ditto!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol::smilielol5:

Oh, Kym, please don't worry about hijacking this thread. It's my thread, and you can post anything you want in here. If someone doesn't like it, they can just put you on ignore. heehee

:lol::laugh: Why, yes, they can!

Thanks, Nakia!

Sadly, I don't. But armadillos are special to me, and I've collected all sorts of armadillos for years. Not live, not roadkill, btw. :tongue_smilie:

We had an armadillo living in our yard last year. I think he has since moved to the woods beside us. The dog used to hear him outside in the middle of the night and would wake us up barking at him. I finally caught sight of him one night, I never knew armadillos would jump like they do.

:D Me too! I just figure it's because I don't have an avatar and I'm sort of a newbie. I agonize over every. single. word. now because I hate to be a thread killer. :001_unsure:

You know, I can remember the avatars better than the names, but then remember the name after I remember the avatar. Make sense?

:D

But then the universe gets shifted when people change their avatar, kind of like that Cindi Girl did :tongue_smilie: and now I am stressed because I remember her name, but did not see the dog in the glasses, so my memory keeps jumping back to the avatar I remember.

Hi Nakia! :seeya:

We had an armadillo living in our yard last year. I think he has since moved to the woods beside us. The dog used to hear him outside in the middle of the night and would wake us up barking at him. I finally caught sight of him one night, I never knew armadillos would jump like they do.

I, unfortunately, have never seen an armadillo. Though I did watch Steel Magnolias a few times.

;)

I totally saw that later and realized I didn't read the rest of the thread before responding! DOH!!!!

Now you're ignoring me. . .aren't you?:tongue_smilie:

Okay, I must admit, I haven't seen an armadillo in ages. I am in northern Colorado, after all.

But I was born in Florida. My mom was hanging clothes on the line, and listening to me toddle around the backyard. When she heard me calling, "Here, kitty!" she came to investigate, since we had no cats. ;) I was chasing a baby armadillo around the backyard. So that's my silly little story, but I'm rather fond of armadillos now, since my mom tells that story all the time!

I, unfortunately, have never seen an armadillo. Though I did watch Steel Magnolias a few times.

OMG, I really want to make you an armadillo red velvet cake right now!!

We have lots of "Napping Armadillos" around here. The poor creatures "take naps" right on the side of the road, which, as I point out to the little ones "is very, very dangerous...they could get hurt!"

Okay, I must admit, I haven't seen an armadillo in ages. I am in northern Colorado, after all.

But I was born in Florida. My mom was hanging clothes on the line, and listening to me toddle around the backyard. When she heard me calling, "Here, kitty!" she came to investigate, since we had no cats. ;) I was chasing a baby armadillo around the backyard. So that's my silly little story, but I'm rather fond of armadillos now, since my mom tells that story all the time!

That is a cute story!

We have lots of "Napping Armadillos" around here. The poor creatures "take naps" right on the side of the road, which, as I point out to the little ones "is very, very dangerous...they could get hurt!"

I think you should make that cake and bring it to me tomorrow. :D

Well, aren't YOU a sweet talker? You are! You are!

Flattery like that will get you all the curry and cookies you can handle, girlfriend!~:tongue_smilie:

Thank you!

Cookies and curry! YUM!!!

I thought you were a newbie. I like your new avatar pic.

Hey! You changed your avatar too! I like it too! And, I do know others have commented and no, others, you're not on ignore.:lol: Now I'm getting parinoid:lol:

I do this *a lot* if I'm posting from my phone. :lol: I don't know that I'm particularly eloquent, I TRY to be diplomatic, at the least. :D

You can post from your phone?!?! I want to be like you Mrs Mungo!

Can you all believe there is a 14 page thread on the WTM board that has continued to be fun and light? This is fun!!

It is! Thanks Nakia!

You know, I can remember the avatars better than the names, but then remember the name after I remember the avatar. Make sense?

:D

But then the universe gets shifted when people change their avatar, kind of like that Cindi Girl did :tongue_smilie: and now I am stressed because I remember her name, but did not see the dog in the glasses, so my memory keeps jumping back to the avatar I remember.

Which reminds me jazzyfizzle, every time I see your avatar, I'm reminded of my childhood. My dad has always had border collies, so I feel like they're my brothers or sisters. They're such great dogs and so misunderstood. Is this a picture of your dog?

I would, but I can't remember where you are.

??

Off to stalk your blog and see how far away you are from Oklahoma.....

ETA: Oh, sure....You're practically right around the corner!

Well how fast do you drive? You could make it here in a day or so. :)

We spent two years in Panama without A/C in the car. It was like torture.

And, btw, this is NOT just another post.

It is my ONE THOUSANDTH (apparently I do not know how to spell that word!) POST!!!

Only alcohol and/or chocolate is appropriate for such an occasion!! :001_smile:

Congrats!

It looks like I must be on Perry's ignore list.:001_unsure:

That's sweet. Our amardillos tend to nap in the middle of the road. :lol:

A few years ago we had a dead one (fully intact) in front of our house. I tried to get ds to get it for a nature study. He declined.