Menu

I had to go to Walmart today

Ds got into big trouble taking pictures at Safeway a number of years ago when he was only 8 years old. I had asked him to do it after they remodeled and I had no idea where anything was. We were going to make a map using the pictures of the aisle markers. He was accused of taking pictures for a competing grocery chain!!!

The manager got a mean ole' Mama Bear coming after him after he scolded an 8 year old who was just doing what his mama had told him to do. He apologized and gave him a glow-in-the-dark football and gave me a map of the store which he managed to find in his office.

That associate was being stupid. OR maybe it was the magazine vendor and they think it's a copyright violation. Either way, I've never heard a "no photographs" policy. People snap pics to ask "is this the right one" in a text to someone else, or when they see a price discrepancy, they'll take a picture of the shelf which is actually nice because it saves us the trouble of walking back there to check for ourselves.

I think there may be some fine print about tossing out people who are suspected of working for competitors as price-checkers, but that wouldn't apply to the magazines because they're vendor sales and the vendor can always just do the comparison themselves if they want, and who else would care?

Anyway, kudos for ignoring her. If it was really an issue, management would have followed up.

The only thing in my store I've ever seen management tell people they can't do is have grown adults or teenagers riding around in the basket of the shopping carts. :tongue_smilie: Oh, and I've told people they can't smoke right outside the door, but that's because it's a personal pet peeve.

I hope that she was just being grumpy and it is really not illegal. I take pics in the store all the time! I take pics of merchandise to save to Christmas lists on my phone or something I want to buy at another time. I take pics of books so that I can remember their titles when I get home. Yikes, hope I'm not breaking the law LOL.

Hilarious! I've found that my bigger camera attracts much more attention ("bigger" being relative, it's just a Canon Power Shot). Sephora specifically has a policy that prohibits photography. I was stopped in one--so took pics from the outside--and I was told of the policy in a second store.

I snapped a photo of people's feet while standing in line to vote. I was stopped by the voting judge on my way out. She didn't really know what to do, but she wanted to make sure I was not with the media.

I take pics in Walmart regularly, but I could never bring myself to take pictures of shoppers to post on that People-of-Walmart site, lol.

When I moved to Stickville, I was so excited to find a nice Kroger deli in the nearby city. I asked if I could take a picture of the deli case, and the counter guy thought I was nuts. He also thought I was working for the competition. (What would that be? Walmart?)

Great blog post.

EPIC.

:lol:

Ds's still talk about the time we got in trouble at Walmart. It was YEARS ago. We used to love to go to the toy section and push ALL the toys with buttons to hear sound/see animation. It was especially fun at Christmastime when the toy shelves were LOADED with extra toys. We'd run up and down the aisle, push all the buttons, then stand back and watch...... and nearly pee our pants laughing. It's the little things that amuse us.

Yup, we got into trouble. If looks could kill, you wouldn't be reading this right now.

:lol: