Menu

Kittie died today.

I knew it was coming. She was 14 and had a lot of health problems. She had gone severely downhill quickly in the last 3 months. This morning I found her very close to death and within a few hours, she was gone.

Her name was Samantha but we really just always called her Kittie.

:angelsad2:

Was she a fun cat? I do love cats.

She was a very lovey cat, a lap cat. She would "talk" to me all the time. She made a little purr-grunt, "Brrrepp?" whenever I came over to her. This morning, when I found her, I picked her up to put her on her comfy mat. She made that little purr sound. It was like she was saying her last goodbye.

We have two young kittens that we recently got, Luna and Thor. They bring a lot of joy and fun into our lives and I'm very glad we have them today. But I'm really going to miss Kittie. She was my buddy.

She was a very lovey cat, a lap cat. She would "talk" to me all the time. She made a little purr-grunt, "Brrrepp?" whenever I came over to her. This morning, when I found her, I picked her up to put her on her comfy mat. She made that little purr sound. It was like she was saying her last goodbye.

We have two young kittens that we recently got, Luna and Thor. They bring a lot of joy and fun into our lives and I'm very glad we have them today. But I'm really going to miss Kittie. She was my buddy.

I know exactly the sound you are talking about!! One of our younger cats does the same thing. I've never known another cat to make that sound. It's pretty sweet.

:grouphug:

Anyone who says cats are cool and aloof just doesn't know how to talk cat.

:grouphug:

I am so sorry. We lost our beloved Fatboy three years ago at 17 (he's buried on our children's playground) and his brother is 17+ now and very frail. We love our kitties and take good care of them and mourn them when they go. I know how you feel and they so have a special place in our hearts. :grouphug: I'm glad you have some kittens around to cheer you up. Give them all a hug for me.

Carolyn in GA loving her TJ and still mourning her Fatboy.

She sounds lovely! I have a cat that "breeps" at me but he is not so much a lap cat. The breep is so sweet.

I am glad you have the kittens. They won't take the place of your sweet Kittie, but they will make you laugh, and that will make the pain ease a bit.

:grouphug: I am really sorry, Quill.