Menu

stupid inane question

Ok, I'm currently paralyzed by indecision. I obviously need more sleep :)

I have been using white washcloths (cheap ones from walmart) for both cleaning faces, and cleaning counters and such, because they are convenient and I keep stacks in the bathrooms. But, I'm at the point where I just don't think it is cool to wash my face with the same washcloth I use to clean the bathtub, or worse, toilet seat. So...I bought a bunch of colored washcloths yesterday at walmart. So.....now, do I keep using the white ones for faces and use the new colored ones for cleaning? Or use the white ones for cleaning and the new colored ones for faces? These are the factors you may need to take into consideration:

White ones look better stacked in the bathroom, I think..maybe not.

Some white ones have been previously used on toilets and cleaning grimey showers.

White ones can be bleached without affecting appearance.

Some white ones are getting fuzzy/older looking.

Colored ones are assorted colors, not particularly pretty colors either.

There are 15 colored ones, and many more than that in the white.

I wipe counters more often than people wash their face with them.

Thank you, i just keep going back and forth on this. I'm leaning towards using the colored ones for faces, just because they are new and clean, but really not sure that white for cleaning makes sense.

White for cleaning, colored for face washing. For all the reasons stated above.

Not that I like her much, but Martha Stewart always sets out a dark, colored washcloth for face washing as it hides the stains from makeup that can occur. I think she even monograms it "makeup" so that guests know it's for washing makeup off at the end of the day.

Agree with everyone above. Here the rule is white for bathing, colors for kitchen, and microfiber for other cleaning.

And about the acne meds--ugh! My brother's acne meds caused my blue towels to have pink spots. I thought that was pretty rude of him not to let me know that would happen. :glare:

Cinder

White for cleaning because they can be bleached. Colors for personal use because they probably won't need to be bleached plus they are probably still all soft and fluffly.

This. I actually only buy white bath towels and washcloths anymore because colored ones start looking dingy after being washed so many times even if you don't bleach. I buy colored ones only for decorative purposes now (and pity the fool who thinks they can use them!)

What I do is...

... white ones are for cleaning.

... green ones are for ds.

... pink ones are for dd.

... blue ones are for dh and I.

This way, ONLY the white ones are being used for cleaning. When I find a rogue wash cloth somewhere in my house... I know who to call to deal with it.

Kris

I'd use the white for cleaning since they've already been used for this. I can't stand the idea of using cleaning cloths for bodies, either. I keep washcloths that get too old and raggedy to use for people and use those for cleaning. What I do for bathrooms where I'm stacking them in the open is buy all one color that matches the bathroom. I think you can find these at Wal-mart, too, in addition to the mixed color bundles....