Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...LOL

It's been sooooo long since I've actually been on here that I feel the need to reintroduce myself to you all!

My name is Dayle. I'm a homeschooling mom of 3 dc--dd15, dd13, ds12--and a wife to my amazing dh. We are eclectic homeschoolers using a little of everything and favoring the Charlotte Mason method. We love books!

We currently live in Antigua, Guatemala and have for almost 5 years now where we work with Youth With a Mission (YWAM). We love our work. It has lead us to do a lot of things we wouldn't have experienced in MN (where we are originally from).

It's been crazy here for me that's why I haven't been on a lot. I've missed you! We've had a new ministry we started where we bring food to the people on the streets (Strider and her family helped us out with the beginnings of it) and it's grown a lot! Through that ministry we found a little boy named Clinton who had been abandoned here by his grandfather. He didn't know his birthday or how old he was (we think he was about 8 or 9) and he had never met his parents. He was living in the dump area with a group of homeless adults. We were able to get him out of the dump and off the streets and through a series of situations, he came to temporarily live with us. (LONG story and not the original objective)

We have since found a great place for him where he will be able to attend school and the home even pays for their college education! So he has a great future ahead of him--God is good!

THAT's why I wasn't on a whole lot. Just craziness. I look forward to conversing with you all later!

Welcome back, it is great to see you!

Isn't it amazing how we can think we are doing something like feeding people, and end up being put in a place that we never expected, like bringing him home! It wasn't your intention, but it ended up being a huge benefit to you endeavor. As I get older, I now have a stronger sense of peace when things go awry, or I am pulled in a different direction that I thought I was headed, knowing that God has just planned a little detour.

It's been sooooo long since I've actually been on here that I feel the need to reintroduce myself to you all!

My name is Dayle. I'm a homeschooling mom of 3 dc--dd15, dd13, ds12--and a wife to my amazing dh. We are eclectic homeschoolers using a little of everything and favoring the Charlotte Mason method. We love books!

We currently live in Antigua, Guatemala and have for almost 5 years now where we work with Youth With a Mission (YWAM). We love our work. It has lead us to do a lot of things we wouldn't have experienced in MN (where we are originally from).

It's been crazy here for me that's why I haven't been on a lot. I've missed you! We've had a new ministry we started where we bring food to the people on the streets (Strider and her family helped us out with the beginnings of it) and it's grown a lot! Through that ministry we found a little boy named Clinton who had been abandoned here by his grandfather. He didn't know his birthday or how old he was (we think he was about 8 or 9) and he had never met his parents. He was living in the dump area with a group of homeless adults. We were able to get him out of the dump and off the streets and through a series of situations, he came to temporarily live with us. (LONG story and not the original objective)

We have since found a great place for him where he will be able to attend school and the home even pays for their college education! So he has a great future ahead of him--God is good!

THAT's why I wasn't on a whole lot. Just craziness. I look forward to conversing with you all later!

Hi Dayle, I think most of us who have been on board for some time most certainly remember you! :D Glad to know you're back and all is well.

So excellent you are working with YWAM. Didn't Bill Bright found that group or am I thinking of another ministry?

Talk to you later. Sheryl <><

:seeya:

Hi Dayle!

We read your updates about Clinton and your soup ministry with interest and have been praying for you. It's good to see you here too!

strider

Good to hear from you Dayle! Just thought of you last night. I still have the books/school material if you want it.

Hi Dayle, I think most of us who have been on board for some time most certainly remember you! :D Glad to know you're back and all is well.

So excellent you are working with YWAM. Didn't Bill Bright found that group or am I thinking of another ministry?

Talk to you later. Sheryl <><

It was Loren Cunningham.