Menu

What can we do for Kari in SC???

I know many people think a flower bouquet is a waste of money, but when my brother died unexpectedly and we had to go through the visitations, it was a huge blessing to me to study over the bouquets and read the notes and see who was thinking of us and cared enough to send something. One person sent a simple vase with a single rose. But the note and thought meant so much!

Can you find out where the visitation will be and have flowers there from this group? We can do more later.

I know many people think a flower bouquet is a waste of money, but when my brother died unexpectedly and we had to go through the visitations, it was a huge blessing to me to study over the bouquets and read the notes and see who was thinking of us and cared enough to send something. One person sent a simple vase with a single rose. But the note and thought meant so much!

Can you find out where the visitation will be and have flowers there from this group? We can do more later.

I agree, and yes, this is being planned, and will be done from the Hive Mind. Details will be posted - and definitive info posted later today.:grouphug:

When my dad passed away, it was a relief to read the cards and look at the flowers.

I agree, and yes, this is being planned, and will be done from the Hive Mind. Details will be posted - and definitive info posted later today.:grouphug:

When my dad passed away, it was a relief to read the cards and look at the flowers.

Please post in a new thread. When threads get so long, it's harder to wade through and find the info.

Please post in a new thread. When threads get so long, it's harder to wade through and find the info.

ABSOLUTELY! :iagree: Someone is looking into getting A STICKY set up by the mods specifically disseminating information regarding an expression of sympathy for Kari and her family. Thank, Liz, I agree, it is cumbersome to wade through pages looking for info -- the info for Kari's family will be easy to find -- it should be up in a few hours.:)

One person sent a simple vase with a single rose. But the note and thought meant so much!

This is so true. And the comfort does not end with the service.

It has been 18 years since my brother died and my parents still have all those cards and letters.

If money is not going to be an immediate problem for her family (someone previously mentioned life insurance), I'm thinking that a more permanent, beautiful token of remembrance would be nice. I liked the quilt idea. Or maybe scrapbook pages of some sort? I read the scrapbooking thread that came up recently, and Kari posted about why scrapbooking was so important to her. It was very touching. Maybe a page from each person, that demonstrates how her posts about her family and particularly Timmy, have touched us over the years?

I just mention these ideas, because I have heard (in general around tragedies) that people want to rush in and help right away, but sometimes it's tougher later when the immediate crisis passes. A thing of beauty might be something to remind her that people care? Not sure, as I've never been through this....

Edited by Colleen in NS

If money is not going to be an immediate problem for her family (someone previously mentioned life insurance), I'm thinking that a more permanent, beautiful token of remembrance would be nice. I liked the quilt idea. Or maybe scrapbook pages of some sort? I read the scrapbooking thread that came up recently, and Kari posted about why scrapbooking was so important to her. It was very touching. Maybe a page from each person, that demonstrates how her posts about her family and particularly Timmy, have touched us over the years?

I just mention these ideas, because I have heard (in general around tragedies) that people want to rush in and help right away, but sometimes it's tougher later when the immediate crisis passes. A thing of beauty might be something to remind her that people care? Not sure, as I've never been through this....

We are working on setting up a Paypal account for people to contribute to. While there is going to be life insurance paid, this is going to take time. There is going to be so much to do financially Right Now that this is what we're going to do, on top of sending flowers.

We will be posting details soon!

I'm sorry, everyone, but I'm waiting on a couple of responses to see how we proceed from here. I need to be able to tell people where to send cards and donations. It's driving me crazy - I want to get the information out to you all!!!

If anyone knows Kari personally and reads this, PLEASE pm me!

This is almost ready to go -- I just emailed Denise with an important bit of info that we had been missing -- I would imagine that tonight after dinner time (EST), there should be a new thread with definitive information.

You have been extremely patient -- thank you for that. This is, as you can well imagine, a cumbersome process considering the miles, medium, etc.

Again, thanks for your patience and the wonderful spirit of kindness, generosity, and cooperation that has been displayed.:grouphug: