Menu

Where are the Spelling Police?

Can you believe that? LOL. Crazy.

That is crazy! There is a guy who sells pickled mango on the side of the road (I am amazed at the number of people selling food on the side of the road here) near me. Except, his sign says "Pikal Mango." I keep threatening to make him a new sign before we move.

Oh....these type of things really get under my skin! I figure if you're going to send a "public message" via a sign/billboard/book/etc.... you need to make sure it is accurate! I'm not the world's best speller, for sure, but it's frustrating when other's don't even seem to take the time to proofread their work or allow someone else to look it over before "going public" with it! A person/company's reputation is put on the line when they do this!

Our local Sonic had NOW WITH BIGER PIECES OF POPCORN CHICKEN!!! on their sign for the longest time. It drove my husband crazy. Our church sign says "Terry Sharp-Pasto" :glare: Its not that people in our church are too dumb to spell pastor they are just too cheap to buy another pack of letters for an extra /r/. If I had a key to unlock the plexiglass over the sign, I would correct it myself. Grrrr.....

Last month there was a festival for the Month of the Military Child and there were posters up all over town. Lt. Dan Band was coming and there were going to be all sorts of different activities. One of the activities was geocashing - not geocaching. Yup - we're an educated group over at the Army.

The same day I was at my dh's office and there was a note taped over the shredder - "You're responsible for your own shreading". Dh was a little embarassed when he noticed it. I wasn't impressed.

The same day I was at my dh's office and there was a note taped over the shredder - "You're responsible for your own shreading". Dh was a little embarassed when he noticed it. I wasn't impressed.

Hey, at least they used you're instead of your. ;)