Menu

What's high in the middle and round on the ends...

We are in West Central Ohio (I guess that would be a good way to say it!) We are near Lima.

I grew up in North East Ohio (Stark County), and Hubby grew up near Chillicothe. I went to college in Dayton and DH in Mansfield. We've together lived in Massillon, near Mansfield, and now near Lima.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Nanneryl

Hi Ladies,

I'm in Reminderville (close to Twinsburg). I have had trouble finding very many homeschoolers up here; we recently moved from FL.

My children are only 3 and 1 at the moment but I really want to go ahead and meet some of the local homeschoolers and figure out what different options we have. If u know of any local hs meetings or if any of you, who are close would like to meet for summer playgroup, please let me know.

Shannon

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ladies,

I'm in Reminderville (close to Twinsburg). I have had trouble finding very many homeschoolers up here; we recently moved from FL.

My children are only 3 and 1 at the moment but I really want to go ahead and meet some of the local homeschoolers and figure out what different options we have. If u know of any local hs meetings or if any of you, who are close would like to meet for summer playgroup, please let me know.

Shannon

Hi, Nanneryl,

Welcome to NE Ohio. I live in Akron. My kids attend Heritage Study Center in Hudson. It is a two day per week "school" for homeschoolers. Have you heard of it? It has been a great option for our family. It doesn't start until 3rd grade, so it wouldn't help you for a while. :) Just thought you might be interested.

Guest Nanneryl

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for the info. I have heard of Heritage, I attend a playgroup through Parkside Church and Meg Popa , one of the moms, is one of the teachers there. My kids are Grace (3) and ELiajh (1)- so I really like your taste in names. What curriculums do you use?

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for the info. I have heard of Heritage, I attend a playgroup through Parkside Church and Meg Popa , one of the moms, is one of the teachers there. My kids are Grace (3) and ELiajh (1)- so I really like your taste in names. What curriculums do you use?

My dd had Meg for science in 3rd and 4th grade and loved her.

Heritage uses Veritas Press history and literature, Latin Primer 1-3 and IEW for composition. They use a variety of materials for science. At home, we use Rod and Staff for math, grammar and spelling. Those are the only subjects not covered at Heritage.

I love your kids' names.:001_smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We are in northeast Ohio, Geauga County

dd, 12...Singapore 6B, Latin Prep, Elem. Greek, R+S Grammar, History Odyssey, NOEO Biology II, Wordly Wise, VfCR, Logic-Critical Thinking

ds, 9...Singapore 4B, LC I, R+S Grammar, SOTW III, NOEO Chemistry II, Wordly Wise, Mindbenders-Logic, HWT

dd, 4...Horizons Math-K, Phonics Pathways, HWT pre-K, Spelling Workout A, making lots of art!

Edited by blossom12

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...