Menu

Positive thoughts

:grouphug: Good thought and prayers going out for George.

My father (who is still alive and doing fairly well) was in a similar situation about 11 years ago (I remember because we were not exactly on speaking terms when this happened for a second time, and I was pregnant ). He had congestive heart failure, among other things, after smoking for nearly 45 years. It's tough - good things can come out of tough, scary situations. :grouphug:

Edited by LauraGB

I also believe in prayer. I will pray for you and your father, that you shall both have peace and comfort during this terrible time.

Hugs from one cyber friend to another. Hang in there, there's a lot of prayers and a lot of positive thoughts flowing for you & your dad. All it can do is help.

Keep us updated.

Kim

Gulp. :) Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts. He's a quite a good guy. I talked to him a few minutes ago, & he is feeling ok; some pain from tubes, but was sounding like he was going to fall into a good night's sleep. I appreciate your kindness & generosity. My dad is a believer and prays. I told him his heathen daugher knows religious folks, and he seemed glad of it. :) I really do thank you. He feels better knowing people are praying. I meditate and do yoga. I know he doesn't see Buddha (alhought I am not a buddist) in the same light. yet, the way i see it, we are all linked. I am not praying for his life, but for him to feel peace. When I spoke with him, he really did sound calm and grounded. I appreciate that so much. Thank you all. Thank you so much. Our collective thoughts/prayer can bring peace.

Edited by LibraryLover

Gulp. :) Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts. He's a quite a good guy. I talked to him a few minutes ago, & he is feeling ok; some pain from tubes, but was sounding like he was going to fall into a good night's sleep. I appreciate your kindness & generosity. My dad is a believer and prays. I told him his heathen daugher knows religious folks, and he seemed glad of it.:) I really do thank you. He feels better knowing people are praying. I meditate and do yoga. I know he doesn't see Buddha (alhought I am not a buddist) in the same light. yet, the way i see it, we are all linked. I am not praying for his life, but for him to feel peace. When I spoke with him, he really did sound calm and grounded. I appreciate that so much. Thank you all. Thank you so much. Our collective thoughts/prayer can bring peace.

I am sending good thoughts and praying.

I believe we are all linked, too.

:grouphug:

My dad's dad's name was George. It is such a nice, solid name & I think it is becoming semi-popular again.

I am not praying for his life, but for him to feel peace.

:grouphug:

My father, George, went through lung cancer 8 years ago, after many years of smoking. He beat it, against many odds. I prayed for his life then, but I also knew that all lives end sometime. I was just thankful that it wasn't his time yet, because we've had a few more years in which to mend a broken relationship. Good things did come of a bad situation. He has emphysema, and I just found out he was at Mass General (he lives near Logan airport) for a few days, with bad pneumonia last weekend. It's not easy watching him go up and down with his health, yet I TOTALLY get what you said about praying for him to feel peace.

Peace to you and your Dad.

Gulp. :) Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts. He's a quite a good guy. I talked to him a few minutes ago, & he is feeling ok; some pain from tubes, but was sounding like he was going to fall into a good night's sleep. I appreciate your kindness & generosity. My dad is a believer and prays. I told him his heathen daugher knows religious folks, and he seemed glad of it.:) I really do thank you. He feels better knowing people are praying. I meditate and do yoga. I know he doesn't see Buddha (alhought I am not a buddist) in the same light. yet, the way i see it, we are all linked. I am not praying for his life, but for him to feel peace. When I spoke with him, he really did sound calm and grounded. I appreciate that so much. Thank you all. Thank you so much. Our collective thoughts/prayer can bring peace.

I am praying for your Dad and his peace, as well as yours :grouphug:.