Menu

Ok, has anyone ordered glasses online? and contacts ??

I really need new glasses. I will probably go to WM for a check up and to get my prescription, but if possible, would like to just order glasses online. Any advice? Also I used to wear contacts years ago and would like to try them again, I was young and didn't really care for them. Any advice there too? Can you wear contacts and it be inexpensive? or should I just go with glasses?

When we were overseas, the opthomlogist (a good friend) recommended

39glasses.com because there was a much great selection than what was offered at the BX, and because they were Japanese contractors working the glasses place, there weren't any warranties like the BX glasses places in the states.

I only ordered kid glasses from them (titanium steel kid glasses which are $79 instead of the usual $39) but we were very happy with them and knew a lot of others that had ordered there as well. I do remember looking through the adult selection and was pleased with what they offered, but I didn't need any new ones then, and the husband gets his for free from AF. I was going to order from them again this last time, but my 7yo broke his before I ordered his new ones, so we were in "need them now' mode and ended up at Lenscrafters at the mall. I liked the selection/price of the online better, but didn't want to wait.

As for contacts, I never ordered them online, but my gf always has. I get the desposible one (do they even make non-desposible ones anymore?). My last forever because I don't wear them daily. I like them for convience. I wear them to the beach, swimming, places I want to wear regular sunglasses or wear my glasses would be a hassel. So really how long they last (meaning the box of them) will depend on how often you wear them.

Good luck.

I really need new glasses. I will probably go to WM for a check up and to get my prescription, but if possible, would like to just order glasses online. Any advice? Also I used to wear contacts years ago and would like to try them again, I was young and didn't really care for them. Any advice there too? Can you wear contacts and it be inexpensive? or should I just go with glasses?

I've ordered contact lenses from Vision Direct online. No problems.

I have always had contacts - I pay about $35-40 for six of them. My eyes are equally bad so I don't need different strength for each eye.

I have never ordered glasses online, but I have ordered contacts online for a long time. Most eye doctors charge a contact lens exam fee that our insurance does not cover. You usually get a free pair with the exam. I wear contacts every day but 2 boxes (6 per box) last me for a year. The cost is going to vary according to the type of lens you need.

I used 39dollarglasses.com also and have been pleased with them. If you go to WM for your vision test you should be able to get contact through them for the same price as on of the online contact places. I can't remember the name. They have a deal with them or something. I looked and found I got the same price for my contacts as I would have online.

Kelly