Menu

Really need good thoughts/prayers for a desperately ill friend....

Leslie was hospitalized with eclampsia on Friday, and an emergency c-section was done on Saturday. Her dd was born at 32 weeks and three pounds, but is holding her own. This is the first child for both. Leslie, however, is deathly ill with HELLP syndrome. Her liver and kidneys are shutting down and things are not looking good.

Her poor dh is dealing with trying to stay by his wife's bedside in ICU as well as attend his brand new, tiny baby who is in NICU. He's frantic.

If you wouldn't mind squeezing them into your thoughts and prayers, I know they'd appreciate it.

Oh my. What a terrible situation. I'll pray for both of them.

I had this with my first born. My liver and kidneys had started to fail too. I wasn't admitted to ICU as my numbers started coming back up after ds was born. I pray that your friend's numbers start to turn around soon and that her dh can find the support he needs during this time.

Just spoke with my dh, who works with Leslie's dh. Leslie is showing some improvement this morning. The nurses have actually started pumping her breasts so that her dd can have her breastmilk, and the stimulation of the breast pump seems to be bringing her around. She's in and out of consciousness, but her 10:30 am liver enzyme levels were better than those at 6:30 am. Her condition is still critical, but there seems to be a bit more optimism than yesterday and Sunday.

The wee baby girl is continuing to do well; her father reports that she's a feisty one, so that's good news. :) My dh said that the new dad sounded a bit less frantic today than yesterday. He's relieved that they're able to give the baby mom's breastmilk.

Thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes. I know they are helping!

Just spoke with my dh' date=' who works with Leslie's dh. Leslie is showing some improvement this morning. The nurses have actually started pumping her breasts so that her dd can have her breastmilk, and the stimulation of the breast pump seems to be bringing her around. She's in and out of consciousness, but her 10:30 am liver enzyme levels were better than those at 6:30 am. Her condition is still critical, but there seems to be a bit more optimism than yesterday and Sunday.

The wee baby girl is continuing to do well; her father reports that she's a feisty one, so that's good news. :) My dh said that the new dad sounded a bit less frantic today than yesterday. He's relieved that they're able to give the baby mom's breastmilk.

Thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes. I know they are helping![/quote']

Thank the Lord! Continuing to pray here. What a heartbreaking situation!

Leslie was hospitalized with eclampsia on Friday' date=' and an emergency c-section was done on Saturday. Her dd was born at 32 weeks and three pounds, but is holding her own. This is the first child for both. Leslie, however, is deathly ill with HELLP syndrome. Her liver and kidneys are shutting down and things are not looking good.

Her poor dh is dealing with trying to stay by his wife's bedside in ICU as well as attend his brand new, tiny baby who is in NICU. He's frantic.

If you wouldn't mind squeezing them into your thoughts and prayers, I know they'd appreciate it.[/quote']

I am praying for Leslie.

Just spoke with my dh' date=' who works with Leslie's dh. Leslie is showing some improvement this morning. The nurses have actually started pumping her breasts so that her dd can have her breastmilk, and the stimulation of the breast pump seems to be bringing her around. She's in and out of consciousness, but her 10:30 am liver enzyme levels were better than those at 6:30 am. Her condition is still critical, but there seems to be a bit more optimism than yesterday and Sunday.

Thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes. I know they are helping![/quote']

Wow. What a blessing.

Hi there,

Leslie is scheduled to go home tomorrow! She's very weak and has a horrible spinal headache, but liver and kidneys are on the mend with no real permanent damage done.

Baby Laila is still in NICU but getting stronger every day. Her lungs are working well and she's just trying to get porked up!

Leslie's dh says, emphatically, "THIS IS THE END! NO MORE KIDDOES! I CANNOT HANDLE THIS AGAIN!"

Thanks so much for your well wishes, healing energies and prayers. They worked wonders!

Hi there' date='

Leslie is scheduled to go home tomorrow! She's very weak and has a horrible spinal headache, but liver and kidneys are on the mend with no real permanent damage done.

Baby Laila is still in NICU but getting stronger every day. Her lungs are working well and she's just trying to get porked up!

Leslie's dh says, emphatically, "THIS IS THE END! NO MORE KIDDOES! I CANNOT HANDLE THIS AGAIN!"

Thanks so much for your well wishes, healing energies and prayers. They worked wonders![/quote']

I am so relieved for them. What a terrifying situation. They must be the happiest people to be headed home right now. Wow.

Doran

Oh, goodness! I must have missed that thread (I haven't been on much as of late). I'm so glad all is better.

I had a very close friend have her baby 2.5 months prematurely because she had HELLPS. It was so scary - she literally almost died and her poor son was in the NICU for over a month. And that was her first baby. I remember going to the hospital daily and bringing meals to her in the hospital because she never left her son's side and she herself, wasn't eating. I totally understand what your friend went/is going through. Yikes.

Again, glad everything is so much better! (and fwiw, my friend, who swore she'd never have another after that, ended up having her 2nd baby - a girl - last year. It was a completely uneventful pregnancy and good, on-time birth).