Menu

I used to be pretty

We were doing a project the other day and I needed to dig out an old picture or two for the kids to analyze. One of the pictures I dug out was one of me right after my college graduation. I didn't know that I had been pretty! I was nice and thin. My clothes fit nicely and my hair was definitely thicker. My kids didn't recognize me.

I'm working on losing weight. Actually I'm working on being able to sleep right now. And then I'm hoping that will lead to more days without pain. And that will lead to being able to exercise without being in pain for days. And that will lead to actually losing weight. And that will lead to buying clothes that are not stretchy and actually fit me. I hope.

This isn't a thread about lost youth though. I also thought as I looked at the picture that you couldn't see how messed up and scary my life was then. I love my life now. And I'm definitely much more stable and happy!

My little boys are bugging me about my big belly. It's all I can do not to lay a huge guilt trip on them - "I didn't have a belly like this until I had an ELEVEN pound baby and then two years later had twins that weighed FIFTEEN POUNDS combined!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I've seen pics of my younger self and it was a total duh moment. As in, "Duh, you WERE pretty, idiot!" At the time, I thought I was fat, etc etc.

I wouldn't go back...well, I would, to undo some of the mistakes made...maybe.

I'd love to have the body I did then though! No stretch marks, no sags, droops...and most importantly, no RSD!!

I'm nodding my head at all these posts. I was prettier than I am now - not pretty, really - but prettier than I am now. But I wasn't very smart and I lacked the very important quality of sweetness. I was very selfish - still am, but not nearly as much. I, too, cringe when I think of those days. I am a much happier and settled person now.

I've seen pics of my younger self and it was a total duh moment. As in, "Duh, you WERE pretty, idiot!" At the time, I thought I was fat, etc etc.

I wouldn't go back...well, I would, to undo some of the mistakes made...maybe.

I'd love to have the body I did then though! No stretch marks, no sags, droops...and most importantly, no RSD!!

Dh looked at the picture and said, "What year was that?" We figured out that it was 5 years before we met. Six years before I was almost an invalid from fibromyalgia (I've improved since then). Dh still married me. :001_wub:

We were doing a project the other day and I needed to dig out an old picture or two for the kids to analyze. One of the pictures I dug out was one of me right after my college graduation. I didn't know that I had been pretty! I was nice and thin. My clothes fit nicely and my hair was definitely thicker. My kids didn't recognize me.

I'm working on losing weight. Actually I'm working on being able to sleep right now. And then I'm hoping that will lead to more days without pain. And that will lead to being able to exercise without being in pain for days. And that will lead to actually losing weight. And that will lead to buying clothes that are not stretchy and actually fit me. I hope.

This isn't a thread about lost youth though. I also thought as I looked at the picture that you couldn't see how messed up and scary my life was then. I love my life now. And I'm definitely much more stable and happy!

I believe that true beauty is of the heart not how we look. Some days I look in the mirror and I feel very pretty, others I feel about as ugly as one can get. It isn't what I am seeing with my eyes that makes the difference but what I am seeing in my heart.

Jean, I don't know you other than the posts I have ready by you. You have always seemed to me to be a very beautiful person.

Up til about 4 years ago I would have said I was pretty. But I had gained 50 pounds by then so maybe pretty and heavy would be an accurate description. Then I got sick with multiple conditions. Lots all that weight and have the sagging turkey neck at just over 40. I swear I'm going to cave in to my vanity and have that fixed the first chance I get.

Up til about 4 years ago I would have said I was pretty. But I had gained 50 pounds by then so maybe pretty and heavy would be an accurate description. Then I got sick with multiple conditions. Lots all that weight and have the sagging turkey neck at just over 40. I swear I'm going to cave in to my vanity and have that fixed the first chance I get.

Yes, but do you have your wings (under the upper arms) and your wattles (under the chin) yet?? You'll get those around 50. :lol:

Edited by ksva