Menu

Help! Need a funny but clean movie for dh and I for NY Eve!

I can't stand the "dumb" funny movies. ETA: Decided against Bedtime Stories! NEED ANOTHER!

Is Bedtime Stories (Adam Sandler) any good? Is it funny? We usually like him pretty well.

It would have to be a movie we can find at Hollywood Video locally-so not too old, I'd imagine.

Edited by HappyGrace

Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the SmithsonianNight at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian(2009) PG

Ben Stiller returns as hapless museum night watchman Larry Daley in this sequel to the hit comedy. Though he's now working at the Smithsonian Institution, Daley continues to deal with exhibits that come to life while the museum is closed. His adventures this time include close encounters with Amelia Earhart (Amy Adams), George Custer (Bill Hader) and Ivan the Terrible (Christopher Guest). Owen Wilson, Ricky Gervais and Dick Van Dyke co-star.

Genre:Family Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Family Comedies, Action Comedies

I loved Nim's Island

and, I will check out the name of this next one, I think it is called 'The Wild' -- it is a spoof of Madagascar and about a dozen other movies. The kids loved it, and there was SO much for the adults that was really funny.

Yes, here is the website http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/thewild/

Dh and I watched it with the kids, and we laughed and laughed! Also, Flubber was funny.

Thanks for all the recommendations so far! They look good!

But isn't it a sad commentary on our society that the only clean funny movies for adults are kids' movies? ;)

Sad but true! I haven't seen them, but what about the Pink Panther movie -- the Steve Martin one? And, my kids loved Cheaper by the Dozen II. Our family is either at the theatre the day a movie opens (i.e., Where The Wild Things Are) or we don't see a movie until the DVD has been out for about 5 years! :D

I recently re-watched "While You Were Sleeping" - very sweet movie, funny, too. Perfect for Christmas/New Years since it that is the time of year of its setting.

I watched this one a few weeks ago, too, after not having seen it for several years. It is really cute, and funny. :001_smile:

Music and Lyrics with Hugh Grant & Drew Barrymore

:)

Music and Lyrics cracks me up through the whole movie! Love it! :D