Menu

It's been a long time, but I have another dessert poll...

Nice restauraunt dinner on New Year's Eve, which desserts would you & dh order?  

1. 1. Nice restauraunt dinner on New Year's Eve, which desserts would you & dh order?

• White chocolate raspberry cheesecake
    • Poached pears with champagne sabayon
    • Rum cake
    • Creme brulee
    • Warm chocolate cake with brown sugar toffee ice cream

I didn't see any choices, but I am always good for Tiramisu. ;)

I just clicked on it again and the poll choices showed up. Holy Cow. I want that "Poached Pear in what again?" right now. Please have it delivered to my place of work and I will share if I have to.

If you were going out to a nice dinner on New Year's Eve, which of these desserts would you order? If you know what your dh would order, you can vote for his choice also.

Thanks!

They all look very nice, but I have to admit that it's a rare moment when I can resist the seductive call of cheesecake.

Warm chocolate cake with brown sugar toffee ice cream

I think I'm going to cry a little. Julie, if I ever make it out to California, I'm sooooo looking you up!

I would pick this, DH would pick the cheesecake, and I love creme brulee any night of the year. I could totally live without the other two (though I'm sure they're lovely :D).

Of course not Julie. :001_smile:

But chocolate always helps when making freinds, doesn't it? :lol:

(You know we love you, Julie. ;))

Have a Merry Christmas!

A funny...my dh and I have been happily married for more than 20 years. I always have cooked and baked, mostly just for fun, but when I started baking professionally, my dh came home one day when I'd been working all day. His comment? "I loved you before, but now....now you're also covered in chocolate!" :drool5: :D

I almost voted for creme brulee, but the brown sugar toffee ice cream put the chocolate cake over the edge. I am soooooooo hungry, now. The pears sound delish, too. I would eat (and enjoy, I'm sure) the rum cake if it was served to me, but I probably wouldn't order it. Cheesecake sounds too ordinary to me (gasp!!), though I would of course eat it if someone twisted my arm. :)