Menu

What do you do with your Christmas cards??

We used to tape them to the archway between the living room and dining room, but that gets irritating to me.

This year I'm just propping them up in front of the books on the bookcase.

I have no clever ideas. Next year I'll probably just open them and toss them. I know--it's awful. But I'm getting tired of thinking what to do with them.

Maybe the basket and then praying for the people is a good idea. I'll think that one over.

I just place in a homemade reed basket by the tree, and sit in a nearby chair to read them occasionally. So far we've received two greetings - no cards - only letters with pictures. For the first time ever we're only sending greetings to family... I think this is an expense many are giving up. Financially, time-wise, etc...it's just hard to keep doing this ever year.

I hang mine in a triangle formation on the back of the front door, or tape them to just-under the stair railing. I put the photo ones on the wall.

I put them in a gold basket and set them on the table afterwards so we can take one out each day before Lent (Christmas season and Epiphany) and pray at grace for the family that sent it. Sometimes we have enough to last, sometimes not.

A few years ago I sewed some paperclips about 6-8" apart to long (about 5') lengths of wide ribbon, and hang the ribbons over an unused door with sticky-tak, then clip the cards in as they arrive. At least that's the theory - so far this year they're in a basket waiting for me to hang the ribbons.

I mean when you get them, not after the season is over. ( scrapbook mine)

We remodeled our kitchen a year ago and I don't have the display wall like I did before. Do you just put them in a basket??????

I display them on the tree!!

I am a simple gal, every year we cut down our tree, and tie on about 50 bows. The colors of the bows change every year, any ornaments the kids have made in past years also go on the tree. Then ALL the Christmas cards that come in go in the tree. Everyone always spends a ton of time looking at the tree because of the cards, and friends and family like seeing their card on the tree.

Some years I am ambitious and I tape them around the archway between the dining room and living room. Some years I am lazy and just make a pile on the credenza.

Some years I open, say-awww, sweet, and then toss them.

So far this year, there is a pile on the credenza.

I have a wall hanging type thing with 3 pockets. One says "Joy," another "Peace," and the third one "Love." I got it at Family Christian Store last year and have enjoyed it.

I love the idea of praying for one of the family's each day that someone else posted! We'll have to start doing that :)