Menu

Brie Recipes - anything goes

A restaurant near me used to serve the most delicious Mango Brie Quesadillas with Guacamole. Very simple to do - just mango slices, green onion and brie melted between two crispy tortillas, served with Guacamole.

Also, ham, brie and crisp apples and nuts (walnut or pecans are best) chopped up together makes a wonderful spread for whole grain bread or crackers.

Love Brie...want some now.

My favorite way to prepare: Saute a variety of chopped mushrooms, chopped shallot and minced garlic. Slice a thick triangle of Brie (lengthwise, so there is a top and bottom), layer the mushroom/shallot/garlic mixture in between with a sprinkling of fresh parsley (between and on top) and bake until warm and melty. lol How's that for an exact recipe? ;) You can use any other herbs, too, like thyme.

Serve with bread rounds, crackers, pita wedges, etc.

We found this recipe when we did our Medieval dinner. We had roast chicken with it and asparagus. We ate ourselves sick dipping our chicken into it (and anything else we could get our hands on) :001_smile:

Brie Cream Sauce

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup cream cheese

1/4 lb Brie or other songly flavored cheese

2 tbsp whole milk

1/4 tsp white pepper

melt butte. melt cream cheese in butter. Add milk. Cut up the farmer's cheesse and stir it into the mixture over low heat. You may want to use a whisk to blend the two together. When you have a uniform, creamy sauce, you are done. Serve over toast, as a dipping sauce or over veggies and meat.

Enjoy!

Dorinda

PS I tend to double this recipe. We REALLY love it :)

This is my DH's favorite dinner.

2 mangos

bunch of cilantro

bunch of green onions

wedge of Brie cheese

tortillas

Chop the first four ingredients into small pieces, and mix together well. I don't use all the green onions, but cut up four or so.

Heat oil in skillet. Dish some of the mango/brie mixture onto a tortilla, and fold in half. Do as many as you can fit in a skillet, I can only cook two at a time. Brown the quesadilla on each side. When a nice, golden brown, eat immediately. These do not reheat well, but are SO delicious!

I make this whenever mangoes are on sale, or if I want to especially please DH.

Michelle T

Baked Brie with Kahlua Pecan Sauce is a holiday staple at my house!

BAKED BRIE WITH KAHLUA PECAN SAUCE

1 lb. wheel of Brie

6 T. brown sugar

1/2 c. kahlua

3/4 c. chopped pecans

assorted crackers

green apple slices

Place the brie on a microwave safe plate.

In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the brown sugar with the kahlua until dissolved. Add in pecans and remove from heat. Pour kahlua sauce over Brie cheese. Place cheese in microwave 1-2 mins. until soft in the center. Check often; it's easier to continue cooking than have it melt too much into a mess.

Serve with crackers and apple slices.

Slice in half lengthwise, top with an all fruit apricot jam and walnuts, place the other half back on top and bake it for 10 minutes. Spread on toasted baguette slices (looks great if you place it in the middle of a pizza stone and toast the baguette around it at the same time).

Thanks for all your suggestions! I am copying everything and will agonize over which one to use between now and Thanksgiving!

:lol:

There's still time before Thanksgiving. Maybe you should *test* a couple of them. You want the very best, don't you? :D

• 2 weeks later...