Menu

Dd enjoying Sisters Grimm series--anyone else a fan?

DD the Elder loves these, but wishes they were coming faster -- #8 is not due until next May, a year's wait from #7. That's the problem reading a series in progress... though we're overjoyed that Sea of Trolls #3 was finally released. :)

Although she says she may technically be considered too old for them, she still says "I adore them. They're wonderful." (And after she read them, she went on to read Grimms' original tales.) She is eagerly awaiting the next in the series. Younger dd is starting to read them too.

We love them too! We've been listening to the audiobooks though. We were first introduced to them that way (I was just looking for some audiobooks, hadn't heard of the series before that), and the...narrator? reader? :confused:...is so wonderful that we've kept going that way. He really brings all the characters to life.

We're in withdrawal waiting for #8 too. I'll have to check out the series nmoira mentioned.

Are they scary? I've looked at them but not picked them up just because I thought they might be a bit scary for my 10yo.

She has little experience with reading about monsters, paranormal, etc., although she has read several Fairy Tale books (Grimms, Lang). She hasn't read Harry Potter or Warriors or anything like that.

So just how dark are these stories?

Are they scary? I've looked at them but not picked them up just because I thought they might be a bit scary for my 10yo.

She has little experience with reading about monsters, paranormal, etc., although she has read several Fairy Tale books (Grimms, Lang). She hasn't read Harry Potter or Warriors or anything like that.

So just how dark are these stories?

Hi Daisy, Here's a review that helped me. My dd is 9 and I think I'm going to wait a while. After age 10 I think, but ymmv!