Menu

This is my teacher's lounge and I can almost smell the cigarette smoke :)

Honestly, I very much see this forum as my teacher's lounge. I have a few minutes, I try to stop by. Well, today when I sat down, I got a visual of my high school's teacher's lounge and how it looked when a teacher entered, you know back in the days when one could smoke in public places and the cloud blew out as the door closed. I kinda smelled the smoke when I sat down and entered here today...kinda cool how memories carry visuals and smells.....

how's your day going? We're trucking along, out of our order, but getting business taken care of. I'm off in a couple minutes to finish out the little guy's day, just wanted to drop in and say hi!:seeya:

Hello,

Just stopping in for a second,

I am pausing from typing definitions. I am on page 4 of a 7 page list of words. I found a fable that uses some great new vocab words, so I decided to break the story into sections, discuss the vocab first, and then read the story over 7 days. I just didn't realize that it was going to be 3 hours worth of definitions :0) Funny how us homeschoolers, can turn a simple thing like reading a fable into many hours worth of work for mom :lol:

Catch ya later :auto:

Hello,

I smell burnt coffee :)

We ended early, my ds and dd had made themselves eyebrows and a moustache out of black construction paper. They taped it to their face:glare:. My oldest dd and I were getting really sick of the French/Italian accent they were talking to me in, ALL day:glare:. It got really ridiculous when my son started getting teary eyed over something, and when I looked up, he still had the stuff on his face. I said, "Honey, I just cannot take you seriously". He started laughing because he forgot he still had that stuff on his face. My oldest summed it up by whispering under her breath, " So strange, so strange.". I said if you guys take those off, we can go to the mall.....they don't know that it's my therapy. Off to the mall:auto:

We are trucking along too... still on schedule:001_smile:. The two little guys are sick and cranky, and it is rainy outside, so I put the little ones down for a nap and decided to call it a "movie hour" for the older ones since it is too wet for "recess" out back. I put on "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and am popping into my teacher's lounge for a much needed break :) Now I need to run around and pick up all of the toys and clean up the spilled cheerios before the movie is over so that we can get back to being productive this afternoon.

:seeya: Hi to you as well.

The weather is too yucky to play outside today, so we plan to head to our local indoor jumping arena. DD loves it, and mommy gets to feel like a kid again going down the slides:001_smile:

Fun! Where is it? I'm wondering how far it is from Cedar Hill/Grand Prairie...

We overslept by 2 hours, the circuit breaker to the kitchen kept shutting off, someone unplugged my coffee maker, so the water came out cold (it's a Bunn; must stay plugged in to keep the water in the holding tank hot), my router and modem are on the same circuit as the kitchen, so when I booted up, I thought my internet was out, dd's science experiment didn't work, when quizzing her on her French, she informed me that she knew the verbs, just not their meanings or conjugations. :glare:

It's a banner day so far!:tongue_smilie:

We're outa here in a minute too - as soon as I can finish cramming my lunch down my throat! :auto: First stop Library to return overdue books/DVDs and pay fines. :glare: Next up, picking up my disabled father in law to take him to 2 doc appointments this afternoon. Today is day 4 of doc appointments this week, 4 last week, 5 the week before, yada yada.

Its a good thing my little guy is pre-k and that I can call Leap Frog videos "School". :001_huh::confused: My dd is just doing the 3 r's the last couple of weeks because everything else is too mom-intensive.

I have to remember it's just a small season and things will calm down with the in laws soon. Please.:chillpill:

Could someone open a window? Now we have burned popcorn smell!:tongue_smilie:

Wow, I just had a flashback... I was walking by the teachers' lounge, the door opens for someone to exit and, in addition to the aroma of tobacco, I hear snippets of conversation that have <gasp!> nothing to do with school!!!

Whoda thunk those teachers had real lives somewhere on the outside, eh?

I am dealing with a mama-bear, co-op school, student-council power-struggle kinda thingy today. Not fun. But a character-stretching learning experience for sure. Just another supra-3-Rs subject for this teacher.

Wow, I just had a flashback... I was walking by the teachers' lounge, the door opens for someone to exit and, in addition to the aroma of tobacco, I hear snippets of conversation that have <gasp!> nothing to do with school!!!

Whoda thunk those teachers had real lives somewhere on the outside, eh?

:lol::lol: When I was a classroom teacher, I bumped into a little girl from my class (Kiindergarten) and her dad one evening in the Grocery Store. Exchanged pleasantries with the dad - the little girl stood and stared at me, never saying a word...clearly trying to process HOW I had left the school building, WHY I would need to leave the school building, and WHEN I would sneak back or be transported back into the school building (b/c obviously I should not have left)...and all that had to be done by the next a.m. b/c in her little world, I was supposed to be in THAT school room.:lol:

I went to a Private Christian school, so no ciggy smoke, just burnt coffee!

My girls are watching The Trumpet of the Swan (with Jason Alexander and Mary Steenburgen). Not a literary-correct version, but fun nonetheless...we did our school this morning. Had a great time with Miquon Orange and page A-6 -- I LOVE HOW IT'S CLICKING! Now I'm prepping for a trip off to the Base clinic to get my eczema-ridden hands treated. Can this count as a field trip?!

I went to a Private Christian school, so no ciggy smoke, just burnt coffee!

My girls are watching The Trumpet of the Swan (with Jason Alexander and Mary Steenburgen). Not a literary-correct version, but fun nonetheless...we did our school this morning. Had a great time with Miquon Orange and page A-6 -- I LOVE HOW IT'S CLICKING! Now I'm prepping for a trip off to the Base clinic to get my eczema-ridden hands treated. Can this count as a field trip?!

YES - absolutely - a science field trip -- I am certain the permission slips in order and you are good to go!:001_smile:

PS - I went to private Christian school too and have mostly taught in private Christian schools -- so, yes, just burnt coffee, tuna fish, microwave popcorn.

Our day is going well so far. Hunter is working on his Latin at the moment.

I just stopped by after looking up a bit of information for my long-distance, afternoon Bible study (my friend in Bejing and I study independently during the week then share an hour-long review/discussion over the phone each week).

It is quiet here in our house today.

YES - absolutely - a science field trip -- I am certain the permission slips in order and you are good to go!:001_smile:

PS - I went to private Christian school too and have mostly taught in private Christian schools -- so, yes, just burnt coffee, tuna fish, microwave popcorn.

TUNA FISH! Yes!!!!!! That was the other smell! I am old :glare: so no such thing as microwave popcorn when I was in school, well, maybe by the time I graduated in 1986.

I remember getting a permission slip to go to the teacher's lounge to get some hot water from the big upright aluminum coffeemaker (which was for hot tea, etc.) for my Cup O' Noodles or those packets of dried macaroni and cheese you made in a mug. I think they were called "Mug O' Noodles".

I can definitely smell the smoke! You can probably tell how old some of us are by whether or not our teachers smoked in the lounge.

My two youngest just picked up the fort they had made in the living room, school is done for everyone except my 10th grader, and I'm about to make my daily loop (2 hours!) to get my girls to gymnastics and dance.

Now I'm prepping for a trip off to the Base clinic to get my eczema-ridden hands treated. Can this count as a field trip?!

I'm off to the hospital this morning as well, for a genetics counseling appointment. Hopefully, they will see my POV for BRCA testing. Trying to relax and get all zen before I go and get stressed out. :chillpill:

Handsome guy :lol::lol::lol: just blew the horn in front of the building (translation: DH just pulled into the driveway - home from travel) -- I'm sneaking out -- don't tell the Principal.

we are out of here ---:auto::auto:

Have a great rest of the afternoon and evening -- and again, thanks for the support and company I so needed today!

Today we spotted a stoat going into our roof after the mice. I got a letter saying that I need to trim the trees that overhang the road and until I do so I am liable for any accidents on that stretch. My mother was the only person to send husband a birthday card.

Meanwhile we fitted in Mandarin and maths before going off to husband's work: the boys had lunch with him, then did some work at his office, while I went for lunch and a film with a friend. We drove back and I set the boys to work on computing and Latin, before being dragged into a phone call with a tree surgeon.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, Hobbes still has one session of Latin, one of speech therapy and two of history to go. Calvin has RE to do with me, but a bunch of other things to do on his own. And we all need to do music theory, memorisation and spelling. Oh, and Hobbes has a riding lesson in the afternoon. Heyho.

Laura

I'm finished too! Even getting rid of a couple dc this evening as they go to an activity. Getting the boys ready for scout camping this weekend, then I'm checkin' out...Thursday is my planning or date night. This evening, I think I'm going to have a date with Shop Class for Soulcraft, some yummy dinner and some peace and quiet...I can't wait.

See ya'll tomorrow in the Lounge!