Menu

I had my first official photo shoot yesterday!!

Nakia

My neighbor asked me to photograph her beautiful family, and I went over yesterday and did the shoot. I am so pleased with the results!! I would love for you all to check out it out here. Just click on Mehaffey family to see the photos.

If anyone who lives in Western NC is interested in being a guinea pig for me to practice on, I would be honored!!! :D

Very nice!!! I just love barefoot babies!! And, the ones of mom/baby are adorable!!! I particluarly love the picture where you captured the man's expression when his wife was kissing his neck. Priceless!!!

Are you anywhere near Charlotte? I have a BIL who lives there!

2.5 hrs form Charlotte. :glare:

Nakia - Those are beautiful! I would love to be your guinea pig anytime. I would love for you to take our picture when my whole family will all be together again (Tyler will be home from Afghanistan the week before Christmas).

Tammy, YES!!! I would love to do that!!

Has the family seen these yet? I think they will be thrilled. I know I would be. Great job!

Cindy

They have seen them, and they are thrilled!!!!

Beautiful job!! :)

What camera do you use? Did you take a class or are you self-taught? I would love to take photos like that some day. I love photography, I just don't have time for it now (at least I don't think so). Would love to hear how you make time for it and what you do! :D

I have a Nikon D40. I haven't ever taken a class, just lots of reading online and taking tons of pictures! I carry my camera every where I go! Just practice, practice, practice!

These are beautiful pictures...I love pictures where the subject is not looking directly at the camera. I am always taking pictures of our family, kids, dogs. etc.

What seems to be my problem is the lighting? What time of the day is best for taking pictures? I use a Canon Rebel and love it but I am trying to use our digital a bit more because I can tell immediately if someone blinks etc.

The family will definitely have a difficult time picking out what pictures they want..good job!

These are beautiful pictures...I love pictures where the subject is not looking directly at the camera. I am always taking pictures of our family, kids, dogs. etc.

What seems to be my problem is the lighting? What time of the day is best for taking pictures? I use a Canon Rebel and love it but I am trying to use our digital a bit more because I can tell immediately if someone blinks etc.

The family will definitely have a difficult time picking out what pictures they want..good job!

Hi! These were taking at around 6:00 in the evening. The lighting was fantastic. Early am is great too. You definitely don't want to do it when the sun is right overhead.

Thanks again for all the compliments!! It is very encouraging!!