Menu

Whew! How I spent my day...

Did you actually brave buttercream in the summer?!?!:svengo:

I told the bride that I could not promise perfection at 4 p.m. on a summer afternoon, in over 100* temps. She still wanted buttercream. I have a recipe that has always held up well for me, though it's not the smoothest icing in the world (but it's tasty!).

My sister's wedding was in their backyard......in June.....but in Arizona the temps in June can be 100+. I made their cake (tho it wasn't nearly as gorgeous as yours!). I froze the cake layers and frosted them an hour before the service. The reception was cake and champagne only. The cake was thawed and no one knew the difference by the time the ceremony was over!

Thanks for all the nice comments! Actually, this is my last wedding cake.

I'm really such a perfectionist that I make myself ill with every single wedding cake. They're never perfect. The rough icing on this one is driving me nuts, and the corners aren't quite *square* enough, though I think overall it looks ok.

I wish I could do wedding cakes without the stress, but that's "not how I roll."

I'll content myself with my other job, creating specialty desserts for a local restaurant. It's fun too, and way less stress!

(And, BTW, I'm 100 miles above Sacramento, and yes, the temp is supposed to drop by almost 10* tomorrow. :banghead: 'ya know what they say about "a day late and a dollar short...")