Menu

Anyone starting school tomorrow?

3boysmama

Just wondering if anyone else is starting school with us tomorrow? We don't quite have all of our stuff yet, but we are gonna go ahead and start and just pencil it in after we get it. My boys will be 6th, 4th, & 1st. Should be an interesting year for us! :D

We start Tuesday (I always do a short week the first week). We like to end by mid- or possibly late May when the public school are done and Boy Scout/Cub Scout camps take place. I'm *nearly* ready. Time to sketch out a plan for the first days of school. We always start with subject warm-ups so the shock isn't too much, haha.

I'm finishing school tomorrow. :p My dd has her evaluation at 10 in the morning. I'm going to give her a week off and then we'll start 7th grade. :) My son goes to ps (Autism cluster) and his is a year-round schedule so my dd will have 3 weeks off soon in November when ds is home. :)

Today I'm just getting everything together for the evaluation and then tomorrow I'll start planning my schedule for 7th. Thank God I already have all my curricula purchased. :)

We're starting tomorrow, then taking the next week off for a family reunion. I've been crazily trying to most of our stuff together. I'm excited to try our workboxes for the first time, but feeling a bit daunted by all that we are going to be doing. I don't think it is too much, it is just more than we've done in the past. Wish us luck!!

We start tomorrow. We're going to kick off the school year with breakfast at IHOP. After the dc have chocolate funny face pancakes, I'm not sure how much actual school will take place though!

OOOH I want to come to your school! :p How nice that you're taking them to breakfast! :) I'm taking my dd to Pizza Hut for lunch after her evaluation tomorrow. :)

We are also starting tomorrow! This will be our very first "real" homeschooling day of 1st Grade (and Preschool). Of course, we have an afternoon "field trip" with the grandparents on Monday, a Dr's appt on Thursday morning, and another possible "field trip" on Friday (amusement parks are educational, right? Physics of roller coasters and whatnot...) So, week one and I'm already behind schedule:D.

Well, it's nice to know we won't be the only ones starting tomorrow!! :D I still don't have spelling or writing yet and I don't have all the math program for my youngest yet.

I am pretty excited and so are 1 of my boys, the other 2 say they aren't!! I think it will be fine, though...I hope!!!

We'll all have to post tomorrow on how our first days went.

I am too excited to start All About Spelling and finish up last years Horizons, so we are starting those tomorrow! I may start SOTW also, because I'm super excited about that, too.

I am not calling it the first day of school, however, as that will be in two weeks when I and the school room are more organized. : )

New homeschooling mom here! Starting tomorrow with my 2nd grader and 4 year old, while trying to keep 2 year old occupied. I still have miles to go before I sleep so I probably should stop hanging out here. But, I will say a prayer for all who are starting tomorrow, myself included. Have fun and enjoy!

Blessings,

Helen

We never really stopped, but we have been running a light summer schedule for awhile. Our official Not Going Back to School day is the 24th, two Mondays from today. NGBTS is a holiday for this family, we'll start in full gear on the 25th. :)

We've been doing math and reading daily for the past month and tomorrow I'll add in the read alouds. In September I'll weave in Science & History and finally we'll bring Arts & Spanish on board by the middle of October. I like to be able to take a few weeks at the holidays and again if the blahs sink in in early spring, so I am leaning towards a year round schedule here. but it is a beginning of sorts for us too!

Tomorrow is our first real day, though we've been doing light work July / August.. tomorrow is the full schedule. We're still missing our science, but I think we'll be okay. Our room isn't done, so we're doing it in another room until I can finish putting it together - got most of the painting done today <-- whoo, whoo.

First time homeschooler, first day of real school and we're both very, very excited and thrilled by our decision..someone remind me that in 4 months!

Good luck everyone!

OOOH I want to come to your school! :p How nice that you're taking them to breakfast! :) I'm taking my dd to Pizza Hut for lunch after her evaluation tomorrow. :)

Ok, I'll buy you breakfast if you stay and entertain the baby and the 3 year old!:001_smile:

DS6 got pneumonia last week and ended up in the hospital by Friday. He was released last night, but after many sleepless nights for both of us, the First Day of School has been delayed until...until....maybe Thursday.

So, both boys are peacefully sleeping right now and I am catching up on coffee and boards.

We started last week....so far so good. My mom is having surgery at the end of the week so I am not sure how much time I will need to spend with her so I wanted to at least get started.

I found a neat book at the library for Geometry so my 7th grader is doing 25 lessons on geometry first and then we will start his regular math book. He really enjoys it! Maybe that is the way I should start school from now on.....:) The rest of his subjects he "can live with" as he says but I can see a smile or two here and there as he is reading and studying the new stuff.

dd1 (2nd) wasn't excited but has been enjoying the switch to R&S Spelling & English because we do most of it on the board and she is a visual learner so we are getting alot accomplished by the switch. We also switched her math to R&S and she actually gave me a smile last week! Thank you Lord for this forum that helped me decide to switch her!!!!!!

dd2 (PreK,K) who is 4 1/2 and tells everyone she is in K and already completed 1/2 of her motor skills workbook and has finished her preschool math book.....so we are starting K Math this week. She LOVES her numbers.

I would say all-in-all the start for this year the start has went well. I will say a prayer for all of you jumping in today! The 1st day was a little crazy here but isn't that to be expected?!?! HA!

We start in a little over an hour! We'll work a half day and then go swimming. Got to get in a few more trips before they close the pool. :) I'm adding my ds4 into the mix, and we are still waiting on our writing program (part of it is on backorder at RR) so we'll be gradually gearing up. Best wishes to all starting today!

Ok, I'll buy you breakfast if you stay and entertain the baby and the 3 year old!:001_smile:

I have to tell you a funny. I took dd to Pizza Hut for her celebration lunch after her evaluation and right next door to the Pizza Hut was an IHOP. hehehe I thought of you! :p