Menu

Where is TWTM located in your library?

Our library has a brand spankin' new copy of TWTM in the Juvenile Reference section. You can't check it out. I took it to the counter and asked if they had another copy available for checkout. They don't. I asked if they could order another copy or move this copy to another section so that it can be checked out. I pointed out that this copy isn't being utilized in the section it is currently in.

The librarian was reallly courteous and took down my contact information so that, if the book is reclassified, I can come in and borrow it.

Our wonderful library has a home education section , in the education area, within the social sciences area and that is just one of the reasons I simply cannot say enough great things about our library. The Well Educated Mind is there as well for adults who wish to expand their horizons.

Here it is in my library.

Well, actually, it's sitting right here on my dining room table, because I checked it out. And I'm going to renew it when my time's up because no one has it on hold. :D

Oh, and it says that it's the 1999 version, but IMAGINE my surprise when they handed me the brand spankin' new version when I picked it up 2 weeks ago!!!

My library doesn't have the new edition at all. I put in a request for it awhile back. I have put in a request for a lot of things (we're in a small town) and only one time have they ever gotten the book - but it was borrowed from a library a few hours away so I could only have the book for 1 week and no renewal. If this is the case for the updated WTM book, I would be disappointed. I want them to *buy* the book.

locally: teacher/parent section in the children's dept with other curricula and educational philosophy books and also in the adult teaching style areas.

at home, it's listed in my fancy shmancy bookshelf that is arranged according to the Dewey Decimal System....I'm all proud, I know...it just took us so long to organize, I try to pat my back when I can about this! lol...please don't take me seriously!

The branch I use most often has it in the parent and educator section of the children's room. Items checked out from this section do not accrue fines when they are overdue:001_smile:

The main branch has copies in the children's room AND in the general nonfiction collection.

I found a historic fiction book by Sharon Kaye Penman cataloged in the science fiction section because the title included the word Dragons. It to two or three tries to get this one put into the regular fiction section with her other books.

My library doesn't have TWTM at all. I'm thinking of asking if I can donate one.

Having a book like this in the reference section would be quite frustrating.

where it was. I was hold number 13 when I started waiting. I picked it up at the drive thru window, enjoyed it for two weeks and returned it for the next person that had it on hold :D.

Hang on a minute? Your library has a DRIVE thru window? I can not even return books without going right inside, they keep the return bin locked when they are open.

Well, actually, it's sitting right here on my dining room table, because I checked it out. And I'm going to renew it when my time's up because no one has it on hold. :D

My library's copy is stilling on the coffee table.

Unfortunately there is a hold on mine and it must go back tomorrow. :glare:

But our library has it in the new Parent/Teacher section 371.042 BAU

Plus it is the new version!:D