Menu

I wish, for his family's sake, that Gov. Sanford would shut up.

I think it's best that things be confessed generally and the details left out. Now he says he's been with other women but "not crossed the line" like with the woman in Argentina. He has clearly not finished processing all this and needs to keep his mouth closed and do his job--or resign for having left it unattended. He is looking very immature, and that will damage him politically.

I think his trotting so many details out in public must make things much harder on his wife. ie He recently said Maria wasn't a simple affair but a forbidden love. Why the need to say that? Does that make it okay? Does he think that the public will feel sorry for him? Perhaps these are things that he's been telling himself but sheesh! Please keep the private stuff private.

Off rant. (Couldn't get the emoticon thingee to work!)

I was really impressed with what his wife said. I don't have the exact quote but it was something like, "My husband's political career is no concern of mine. My concern is raising our children to be morally healthy adults, and of course I will be working on our marriage, but don't know where that will end up." Focussed, to the point, and right on!

No one wants to know the details. No one wants to hear her bitterness (though I'm sure we all understand it). Neither of of them is really doing what is best for these kids, which would be to shut up and hibernate and pray.

I agree about the Governor himself, but I disagree about his wife. I find it refreshing to finally hear from a disgraced politician's wife who is being honest about her reaction, and distancing herself from her husband publicly. We've had enough of them suffer silently, standing by without comment in a public show of support for their husband, and I am glad to finally hear someone stand up for herself and her family and refuse to be shamed by her husband's actions.

I read that AP interview with my mouth gaping open. Why didn't someone, a staff member, a janitor, anyone, tell him to stop talking. It's almost as if he's saying these things because he wants his wife to divorce him. Either that or he's totally lost his mind.

She is AMAZING and I wish I had an address to send her a note- even my dh suggested we let her know she is admired and prayed for. That husband of hers has turned OFF his brain and opened his mouth too much. TMI

I agree about the Governor himself, but I disagree about his wife. I find it refreshing to finally hear from a disgraced politician's wife who is being honest about her reaction, and distancing herself from her husband publicly. We've had enough of them suffer silently, standing by without comment in a public show of support for their husband, and I am glad to finally hear someone stand up for herself and her family and refuse to be shamed by her husband's actions.

:iagree:

I was really impressed with what his wife said. I don't have the exact quote but it was something like, "My husband's political career is no concern of mine. My concern is raising our children to be morally healthy adults, and of course I will be working on our marriage, but don't know where that will end up." Focussed, to the point, and right on!

:iagree: She is the reason why he is where he is today. It would be nice if he remembered that.

No one wants to hear her bitterness (though I'm sure we all understand it).

I think that she sounds focussed and has the right priorities. She has been quiet up until now, and is still being very restrained. She appears to have known of the infidelity for quite a long time, and to have taken slow, measured, appropriate steps in dealing with it. I actually admire her. It is a very difficult situation and she is handling it better than most people would.

I think that she sounds focussed and has the right priorities. She has been quiet up until now, and is still being very restrained. She appears to have known of the infidelity for quite a long time, and to have taken slow, measured, appropriate steps in dealing with it. I actually admire her. It is a very difficult situation and she is handling it better than most people would.

I would be screaming and sobbing and chasing him around with some sort of pointy, painful implement.

What a moron! Michael Jackson's death took the spotlight off of him and it's almost like he is saying, "HEY! HEY! Come back to MEEEEEEEEE! *I* wanna be the center of attention!"

Again, what a moron.:tongue_smilie:

I would be screaming and sobbing and chasing him around with some sort of pointy, painful implement.

What a moron! Michael Jackson's death took the spotlight off of him and it's almost like he is saying, "HEY! HEY! Come back to MEEEEEEEEE! *I* wanna be the center of attention!"

:lol::lol::lol:

Sanford? Who cares?:001_huh: What about poor Farah Fawcett?;)

:iagree:

I heard on the radio that he said his mistress was his "soul mate" but that he was going to try to fall back in love with his wife. Did he really say that? :confused::confused:I would be so gone if I were her.

Me, too. Gone, gone, gone...

I heard on the radio that he said his mistress was his "soul mate" but that he was going to try to fall back in love with his wife. Did he really say that? :confused::confused:I would be so gone if I were her.

I could not BELIEVE when i read that.... he spewed that - does anyone on his staff not have any duct tape???

HE is so NOT thinking.... someone really needs to stop him. NOW.

I could not BELIEVE when i read that.... he spewed that - does anyone on his staff not have any duct tape???

HE is so NOT thinking.... someone really needs to stop him. NOW.

I think that this is really the point here. I don't think that he is in his right mind. I think he is having a break down of some sort.

:iagree::iagree:

I just think it would be better for her kids if she would not make public statements about it. I would never suggest that she stand there and pretend she's fine when it's simply NOT fine. But I think she will later regret making any remarks at all. Just my opinion. I don't care at all if she makes statements that are damaging to her husband. Too bad. I just care about those boys.

Who will sell Oxi Clean now?:crying:

Um, Mark Sanford may be looking for a new gig...

This is when you have to assume that due to drugs or mental illness he is just a few bricks short of a load, kwim? His wife is obviously wise and classy in the extreme. Someone aught to gag him and ship him back to Argentina so that she can raise her children in peace. ...

Yes. Who would notice if he went missing again?

Ok, no. Really? nuh-UH! "Try"? I will just assume that Jenny Sanford will be excusing him from that trial. I mean, there's painful and then there's just so horrifyingly stupid that you can't help but laugh (even when you are, in fact, the wife).

I used to think that politicians' sexual exploits, however contrary to the laws of decency, didn't really have a lot to do with their ability to perform their political duties, but Governor Sanford's situation has brought me solidly to a new conclusion.

Our country is a mess because of men and women like him. We shouldn't have a single person in office that isn't 100% principled, acting on behalf of what is RIGHT, rather than on behalf of their careers or their private parts. Granted, every politician currently serving would likely have to leave office. GREAT! There ARE good people out there who we NEED to put in their place!

Here's Mark Sanford standing up to the Federal government, trying to refuse stimulus dollars for his state on the basis that the money had to be spent as dictated and not used to pay down existing debt. He's a strong, conservative, principled man of character, willing to make sacrifices do the right thing, right? WRONG! He's a piece of crap in disguise! Anyone who will claim to be a Christian and so flagrantly violate the vows they took to their spouse before God will CERTAINLY violate those they took to you, Joe Public. If he can't keep it in his pants for the sake of his wife and children, (look what he's done to them, what he's putting them through!) then he certainly won't do it for you. He needs to leave office immediately, and not because he took off for five days. Because he's a liar and a cheat and he deceived the people of South Carolina who believed that he was a good man.

We need to expell these idiots from positions of power and replace them immediately with men and women of high moral character. And when those people reveal themselves as untrustworthy, we need to boot them out immediately, and so on. There ARE good people out there, we all know them.

Sorry for the rant, but I've had enough!

:rant:

He's just showing such incredibly poor judgement, and must have shown better in the past. Didn't he, in order to be elected to statewide office?? Please, tell me he did!! I just keep thinking he must be manic. No person in full command of himself would be so silly and show such poor judgement it seems.