Menu

I thought I was immune...

...to Twilight. Ugh. I checked it out of the library after reading so many posts about it on here. The first couple of chapters were kind of juvenile, but then I was HOOKED.

I started it last night and finished it this afternoon. My poor little ignored family.

And I went to the video store and will watch the movie tonight.

(I'm putting the next book on hold at the library right after dinner.)

Yep...it sucks you in and doesn't let go....even after you finish the books. Just so you know, you can read the first 200+ pages of Midnight sun on Stephanie Meyers website...that should keep you busy until the next book becomes available at the library...or you give up on waiting on the library and go out and buy the remaining books ;)

It is not great literature, but it is a lot of fun to read :D

Enjoy!

Diane

I got sucked in as well. Fortunately my boys were out of town for 4 days so I could read all day, wasn't that nice of them. :D I let my ds watch the movie and now he keeps questioning why I have all of the books. Not that he has any desire to read them. They're sitting on the bookshelf on my nightstand.

:iagree:

I read all 4 of them in 3 days. My house and kids were completely neglected for those 3 days, LOL. I was annoyed every time someone talked to me, or the phone rang. I didn't want to stop to shower or eat (but I did, of course). They are extremely addictive. I'm so glad I waited until I had all of them before I started reading them. I would have gone insane if I'd had to wait any amount of time between them! I watched the movie first, then read the books, then watched the movie again (to spot the differences - there were A LOT), then I read the third and fourth books again.

I have a theory, though, about why we (women) love these kinds of books/movies so much. I think that no matter how outrageous or cliche the plot lines are, we just wish that we had someone to love us like that. Like the way that Edward loves Bella, or Noah loved Alley (Notebook), or Tristan loved Isolde, etc... Not that our husbands don't love us enough, LOL, but we all want that sort of passion and unconditional love that's (usually) only in fiction... even if we don't want to admit it :tongue_smilie:.

anyway, those are just my thoughts...

-Angie

...to Twilight. Ugh. I checked it out of the library after reading so many posts about it on here. The first couple of chapters were kind of juvenile, but then I was HOOKED.

I started it last night and finished it this afternoon. My poor little ignored family.

And I went to the video store and will watch the movie tonight.

(I'm putting the next book on hold at the library right after dinner.)

Did you make the mistake of reading the 2 chapter teaser at the end of book 1? I find myself constantly thinking about it, and I can't wait until I can get book 2. I need to wait, though, until I have a day of downtime to read it all at once. :)

:iagree:

I read all 4 of them in 3 days. My house and kids were completely neglected for those 3 days, LOL. I was annoyed every time someone talked to me, or the phone rang. I didn't want to stop to shower or eat (but I did, of course). They are extremely addictive. I'm so glad I waited until I had all of them before I started reading them. I would have gone insane if I'd had to wait any amount of time between them! I watched the movie first, then read the books, then watched the movie again (to spot the differences - there were A LOT), then I read the third and fourth books again.

I have a theory, though, about why we (women) love these kinds of books/movies so much. I think that no matter how outrageous or cliche the plot lines are, we just wish that we had someone to love us like that. Like the way that Edward loves Bella, or Noah loved Alley (Notebook), or Tristan loved Isolde, etc... Not that our husbands don't love us enough, LOL, but we all want that sort of passion and unconditional love that's (usually) only in fiction... even if we don't want to admit it :tongue_smilie:.

anyway, those are just my thoughts...

-Angie

:iagree::iagree:

Saw the movie then HAD to read the books. Hubby bought the first two for me for Christmas (I told them where he could find them...at a used-book store). Then, a week after Christmas I was really sick but HAD to go to Target (thankfully, not too far away) to get Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. SOOOOOOO addicting!

As for the movie, if you think of it as a separate entity and not really connected to the books, it's better that way. Glad I saw the movie first. Yes, some of the acting could be lots better but I think they did a great job of portraying teen angst!

I think Angie's right...the story is how so many of us women wished that love, from our husbands, looked like. Definite fantasy! LOL

Definitely. It was an excellent escape from reality. I've already read the third and fourth books a second time. I didn't read the first book again because I had also seen the movie twice; and I didn't read the second book again because... well, I don't want to spoil it for you. There was nothing wrong with the second book, it just didn't have enough of the mushy love stuff in it that I wanted to read. It's still a must-read, at least once.

I forgot to mention before, one thing I love about these books is that even though they are vampire books, they're not overly gory and gross.

:lol: Angie