Menu

Fever rising, feeling awful

PrairieSong

We were out all day today. At dinner time we were going to eat outdoor BBQ but I was having stomach pains...gas and bloating. I get that way sometimes. I went to the car.

It was a two hour drive home and I crawled into bed when we got here, and then started shivering. I rarely run a fever but I am now..100.0 and climbing for the past hour. Ugh. I've had intermittent shooting pains in my ears but no coughing. I thought of that nasty flu bug going around but I have no idea if that's what this is, or if the stomach pain was even related to the fever. No stomach pains now.

Any prayers and good thoughts appreciated!

:grouphug:  Ugh, I have it, too.  And I'm pregnant, so I'm feeling paranoid about the flu hurting the baby.  The stomach pains and sinus thing come with it.  I heard from a couple of people who had it that it's two really bad days and then it starts to go away.  So, it's awful, but it shouldn't last long.  This is Day 2 for me.  My 6 yro had it last week and she was sick for a couple of days and then back to normal.

I don't know if this would help you, but ice cream made me feel better yesterday.  Although, ice cream is magical - it can make you feel better no matter what.   :tongue_smilie:      

:grouphug: Ugh, I have it, too. And I'm pregnant, so I'm feeling paranoid about the flu hurting the baby. The stomach pains and sinus thing come with it. I heard from a couple of people who had it that it's two really bad days and then it starts to go away. So, it's awful, but it shouldn't last long. This is Day 2 for me. My 6 yro had it last week and she was sick for a couple of days and then back to normal.

I don't know if this would help you, but ice cream made me feel better yesterday. Although, ice cream is magical - it can make you feel better no matter what. :tongue_smilie:

Oh my, I always hated being sick during pregnancy. I hope you recover quickly! I agree that ice cream is magical.

Dh just had a fever virus. Worst chills I've ever seen him have. He stayed between 102 and 103 for 3 days. It also came on very suddenly. The fever, body aches, and headache were pretty much his only symptoms.

Sorry you got it!

This is me, except my fever only went up to 101. It's very unusual for me to run a fever at all and 101 is quite high for me. Yep, had the chills and shaking last night. I hope it doesn't last 3 days.