Menu

Can anyone recommend a good decongestant?

Luanne

Sounds terrible ):

I'm another vote for real sudafed...the one you can only get from behind the pharmacy counter. This isn't helpful if the pharmacies are all closed.

Dh uses Alka Seltzer Plus cold medicine. It works great for him. It is sold in the normal cold medicine aisle. It's a mix of meds for congestion and pain.

Hope you start feeling better and can get some good rest...if not tonight then tomorrow.

Is it allergies or a cold or something else?

I like the old kind of sudafed - the little red tabs that you have to give your ID for now because of their use in manufactured meth). 

But some people can't take them because it interferes with sleep or can raise blood pressure.  Since you are in the midst of treatment, I would ask.  Meanwhile, I do think that the use of a Neti pot can be really helpful.  

Agree on the real sudafed, though I did have one cold recently that was so horrible sudafed just took the edge off. It helped me to sleep on the couch so I could keep my head propped up. (Trying to sleep propped up on my bed failed. I managed to slide all the way off the pillows during the night *and* get a crick in my neck on top of it.)

If I'm super desperate Benadryl will do. But it makes me feel hung over afterward.

:grouphug:

I currently have a sinus infection plus strep.  Doc has me on (real) sudafed, plus a nasal spray (it's either flonase or nasonex, I can't remember which), plus abx, of course.  I'm supposed to do the neti pot a few times daily, too.  Maybe some of those ideas would help you.

Hope you feel better soon.