Menu

Forum Game--who wants to play yet again?

Chelle in MO

Any mystery Readers out there?

I'm sure there are. It's common enough that there is a colloquialism to describe it: Lurkers. You shouldn't put anything on the internet that you wouldn't want someone to read because you never know who might read it. It could be your boss, your husband, your mother-in-law and you would never know. Even if you use a pseudonym and think you are anonymous, you aren't. Even if you delete your post later, somebody could take a screenshot, stored it on their computer for years, and then post it out of context somewhere else.

Now that we've cleared that up, maybe you don't think social networking is as much fun but I'm sure you're a lot safer. Books, walks, and real life friends are fun too.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 5

So, I was sitting eating a croissant on 3rd Avenue on my way to the Dutch consulate yesterday, and this huge bomb squad truck drives by with sirens honking its horn. And I saw more police before 11am yesterday than I normally see in a year (I asked someone and they said it had something to do with the UN General). Safely back in Buffalo now.

• Like 3

How would you respond to this?

Well, it depends. If it was part of a casual conversation, I'd probably say, "This what?"  But if it were used to start a sentence in an essay, I'd probably grab my red pen and write, "Don't use "this" without a referent."

I'm on a roll with the this-threads  ;)  :D

• Like 8

Horrific Stench at church......

I figured this was the most appropriate thread to admit that every single time I read this title, I keep thinking it's a continuation of Hunter's thread on General about the dead body smell from the apartment building overtaking the library books and that now somehow it's made it to a church. :ack2: :ack2:

The things now rattling around in my brain thanks to this place!

That's worse than the little free panties thread! Edited by Slache
  • Like 2