Menu

Tomorrow morning I'm having my reconstructive surgery and...

I think I am going to SCREAM! :eek: Major anxiety attack going on. Dh keeps telling me to take a 1/4 of a xanax but I just refuse. We have church tonight and I don't want to be so chilled that I can't feel God. So I just have to deal with it. I feel like I'm going to be SICK I'm so anxious.

Please, please pray for me. It is at 7:30 in the morning...it will be something like an 8 hour (or longer) surgery. Oh gosh. I HATE anesthesia, and I HATE anxiety attcks!!

Rhonda :scared:

Calm, peaceful thoughts streaming your way. The doctors and nurses are going to take wonderful care of you and you will be fine! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

You will be in my heart tomorrow, Rhonda. :grouphug:

(((Rhonda))). I can't imagine what you're going through, but I have had anxiety attacks before. I will be praying for you to have the peace of Christ---peace that passes all understanding. Keep meditating on Scriptures that will help keep you focused, such as these:

Philippians 4:4-8--the whole passage is very helpful!

2 Timothy 1:7

Hebrews 12:5 & 6 (Amplified Bible)--even though this is speaking about being free from the love of money, I love the emphatic intent of the latter part of these verses:

5 Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [i will] not,[i will] not, [i will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down ( relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!] [Josh 1:5.]

6 So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [i will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me? [Ps 27:1; 118:6.]

Also 1 Peter 5:12 - Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.

I will be praying for you!

:grouphug:

I think I am going to SCREAM! :eek: Major anxiety attack going on. Dh keeps telling me to take a 1/4 of a xanax but I just refuse. We have church tonight and I don't want to be so chilled that I can't feel God. So I just have to deal with it. I feel like I'm going to be SICK I'm so anxious.

Please, please pray for me. It is at 7:30 in the morning...it will be something like an 8 hour (or longer) surgery. Oh gosh. I HATE anesthesia, and I HATE anxiety attcks!!

Honey, take the Xanax, God will understand and I don't 1/4 is going to interfer with your ability to feel God. It might even make it easier as it will help lower the anxiety and maybe make it easier for your to pay more attention to the sermon. In any case, I will pray for you. :grouphug:

Rhonda,

I've been off the boards for a couple of weeks but am thankful that I got on this evening to learn of your surgery. I continue to pray for you daily and will certainly beholding you up tomorrow! Meanwhile, I pray that the precious holy peace of God would circumference round about you and envelope you. That it truly would guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus. Amen!

Thanks everyone. Just knowing you have me in your prayers makes a difference.

Ok...I'm off to church. Directly after that dh and I are leaving for a Holiday Inn near the Medical Center so that we will be just minutes away in the morning. I won't be taking my computer with me so just wanted to write one last time. Iget out of the hospital Friday, so I'll check in soon after that.

Thanks so much,

Rhonda

It's really not that much Xanax.

But - maybe a glass of red wine will help your nerves?

after my surgeries I almost hyperventilate going into the dr's office. I have not advice, just lots of empathy.