• Up to 2 years
    • Up to 3 years
    • Up to 4 years
    • Up to 5 years
    • When they start getting into trouble
    • When they ask me to stop
    • Forever and ever my babies they'll be
    • The baby of the family is always the baby

I'm going to try to add a poll for the first time, so who knows if this will work?

In honor of my baby's 2nd birthday and all of the people who keep yelling at me, when do you stop calling your children babies?

I jokingly call ALL of my kids my babies, but I'm beginning to think I'll never stop calling C "The Baby" in all seriousness!

I don't see a pole, but....my youngest of 4 is age 8. Her dad calls her "the baby" STILL! It drives me nuts. He'll call me on the phone and say, "How's the baby doing?" Wierd! I keep telling him if he wants a baby that bad, we can adopt one! But so far, he hasn't gone for that. LOL

I don't see a pole, but....my youngest of 4 is age 8. Her dad calls her "the baby" STILL! It drives me nuts. He'll call me on the phone and say, "How's the baby doing?" Wierd! I keep telling him if he wants a baby that bad, we can adopt one! But so far, he hasn't gone for that. LOL

Friends of ours call their 7yo (3rd of 3) "The Baby", and it's always driven me nuts. But now I'm beginning to think that's just b/c she's the same age as our #2 of 4, lol.

I haven't voted yet, well, cuz, she's 9.5, hasn't asked me stop, although I've tried to stop calling her that. I'm getting better. She really doesn't mind.

I've resorted to calling her chiquita, which is almost like baby, but for some reason more acceptable :confused:. Ironic, since she's almost to my shoulder.

Hmmmm. I don't know. Maybe I should put "forever." But, who knows, a miracle might happen and we could have another "baby."

Maybe I'm overthinking this :tongue_smilie:.

I put forever my babies. I tell my kids that, as their mom I have a right to ALWAYS call them my babies! They don't have to let anyone else call them that, and they may not FEEL like a baby, but even when they're old and I'm older, MOM has a RIGHT to that title! :D None of them mind---probably cuz I've said that since they were little! :tongue_smilie:

I was the baby of the family, and even now when I'm......well, older than 30! :001_rolleyes: she STILL calls me her baby sister! I don't mind, it's an endearing term, I'm used to it, I even kind of like it! My dd feels the same way. She said she LIKES being the baby of the family. She doesn't act like a baby, she just likes the "warm fuzzy" from being called that by dh and me! :001_wub:

I answered up to age 3, but that's because we refer to our youngest as "baby ____" until the next baby is born, which for us is around age 2 1/2. My baby just turned 2 yesterday and he still seems so babyish, but our next is due in August, so he'll bump up to big boy right around then. :) I remember thinking the same thing the last time- my almost 2 1/2 year was still my sweet baby, but once we had a newborn he seemed like a big boy overnight. I'm not such when/how the transition will happen when we're on our last baby!

Another vote for forever. I told them I don't care if they are grown with grandkids, they'll still be my babies. Especially since my baby skipped the baby stage as fast as he could and is speeding through toddler. As a matter of fact, the only baby thing he wants to hang on to is the diapers. :(

I marked "5" because I think that I try not to say it out loud after that. Forever is more truthful. I still think of my dd, 26, married with two littles of her own half a world away as my baby...she will be 27 next week, sigh.

One in particular that was so fat and squishy and is now a tall, freckled bean pole. Everytime I look at her I remember her cuddly baby body with so many kissy places!

My now almost-14yo was my "Little Fat Man".

Now he's taller than me and as muscular and wiry as all get out. It's amazing.

(I put "They'll always be my babies", too...I still refer to the smaller kids as "babies". They're 8, 7, and 4, lol. The teens would probably roll their eyes if I called them that...but they're "babies" to me, too. I mean...I'm still my grandma's baby, and I'm way older than that, lol. ;-)

I put up until 4 yrs old, because to me that's when they just all of a sudden seem a little more grown up to me.

I think I see five or so as more of a "grown up" kid; four is an almost perfect age, to me.

They're not in diapers (generally), they're somewhat articulate (usually), and you've got the benefits of a bigger kid with an appearance that's still kinda sorta lil guy.

Or maybe I'm just in denial. (My youngest is four.)

My "baby" is now six. I try to not call him "the baby" anymore, but... well... I'm afraid he's stuck with being my baby until someone tinier shows up on our doorstep. :p He doesn't mind - but dh wishes I'd stop - something about apron strings..... :lol:

When I was 12, my best friend called her 10-year-old brother "Brother" rather than Aaron and her 4-year-old brother "Baby Brother" rather than :confused:? I can't even remember his real name since I rarely heard it! It was very apparent that he was the baby of the family--and not in a good way. :glare:

I voted that they'll always be my babies, but I never call them that to others, just with them if I'm cuddling and joking.

A friend told me on the phone that his wife couldn't come to the phone because she was putting the baby to bed. They have an only child who was about 11yo at the time. I thought they were babysitting or something, but he was talking about his dd. LOL