Menu

Please keep my 12 yodd in your thoughts tonight...

she had a rough day. She's been helping a team here who needed translators working in a malnutrition center for the last 3 days. While she was there she got really attached to a little boy named Benito who was in rough shape. Today, while she was translating for the doctor to the team, he mentioned that Benito died this morning. She was, of course, heartbroken. It's tough for her. She's just dealing with the fact that it seems so unfair and completely unneccesary.

Thanks.

Guest Katia

Oh Dayle :grouphug: Hugs to your daughter. I'll continue praying for her.

My dd started volunteering at the nursing home helping out with Bingo (!) when she was only 10yo. When she was 12yo she finally quit and this was the reason why....it was just too, too hard on her to make all these really neat friends and then watch them die.

When she was 12yo, one of the ladies that invited my dd to her room on a regular basis for tea parties and music 'suddenly' died......well she *was* 102yo, but......she was my dd's friend, kwim? She didn't seem 'old' to dd at all.

But I can empathize with you and your dd from first hand experience at this. It's very, very hard on the dc, especially for your dd knowing that it didn't have to happen...:grouphug:

I hope your dd is able to go back and help, but honestly, I wouldn't push it unless she is ready. My dd still goes to the nursing home once a month to visit with the residents and she plays the piano for them for like half and hour or so...but that is all she is able to give emotionally of herself now. No more room visits, tea parties or close friendships. She just doesn't have it in her. God bless those that do. Your dd sounds like a wonderful girl.

she had a rough day. She's been helping a team here who needed translators working in a malnutrition center for the last 3 days. While she was there she got really attached to a little boy named Benito who was in rough shape. Today, while she was translating for the doctor to the team, he mentioned that Benito died this morning. She was, of course, heartbroken. It's tough for her. She's just dealing with the fact that it seems so unfair and completely unneccesary.

Thanks.

:grouphug::grouphug:

T It's a little better this morning, she's just a little quieter than normal.

When I was that age, I liked Emily Dickenson's

If I can stop one heart from breaking,

I shall not live in vain;

If I can ease one life the aching,

Or cool one pain,

Or help one fainting robin

Unto his nest again,

I shall not live in vain.

What a wonderful, caring, and unselfish daughter you have!

When we open our hearts unto others we risk getting hurt. But if we never open our hearts because we might get hurt, we miss out on the blessing of giving and the reward of our Heavenly Father.

Annette