Menu

Anyone get the new SL catalog yet?

mommysweird

The new catalogues aren't shipped until April 1st

Actually on the SL forums it was announced that the catalogs were shipped March 17th. :) I hope to see mine soon!

ETA - I haven't seen anyone post over there that they have received one yet. I keep checking. ;)

Edited by Happyhomemama
add info

Actually on the SL forums it was announced that the catalogs were shipped March 17th. :) I hope to see mine soon!

ETA - I haven't seen anyone post over there that they have received one yet. I keep checking. ;)

Oooh I didn't know that, I thought they went out the same time the new stuff went online. My mistake.

I thought they were mailed from somewhere in Ohio. That means East Coast would be at an advantage.

I thought they were mailed from Virginia.....

I didn't know they had mailed out, and now I am saying a prayer that mine arrives tomorrow. :)

I got my catalog!!!!!!!!!!! (song--I posted this on SL but since you can't read that thread, I thought I'd repost here for you :-) )

To the tune of You are my sunshine!

I got my catalog

my long-lost catalog

But I'm not happy

'Cause this one's gray

It's not from Sonlight

There is no Son-Burst

Oh please, oh please, won't my catalog come today?

I think it means she got a catalog from somewhere else and is still waiting for her catalog from SL.

Right?...

Yes :001_smile: My (apparently lame) attempt at humor! Note the words:

It's not from Sonlight

There is no Son-Burst

(the "Burst of Sonlight" is the newsletter they send out with the catalog).

Merry :-)

Edited by MerryAtHope

I got my 2009 catalogue Saturday at a curriculum show.

P3/4 is actually cheaper. I don't remember the prices on anything else, but if they lowered this core's price, hopefully they didn't raise prices too much on other stuff.

I remember reading in the back of the catalogue that some of the high school cores were updated, as well as the expected science and LA changes.

Sorry for all the posts. My computer wouldn't just let me edit my previous post.

In the postcard I received, it mentioned something about new payment options. Would one of you who have received the catalog from a convention tell me: are they the same payment options as they've had in the past where you have to pay interest? Or is there something more attractive now?

They are supposed to have redone their elementary sciences.

I got my 2009 catalogue Saturday at a curriculum show.

P3/4 is actually cheaper. I don't remember the prices on anything else, but if they lowered this core's price, hopefully they didn't raise prices too much on other stuff.

I remember reading in the back of the catalogue that some of the high school cores were updated, as well as the expected science and LA changes.

Thanks. I think we'll be doing something else for science, but I was thinking of using SL's LA, so I'll be interested to see what's different there. I'm looking at core 4 too, so it's be fabulous if the price actually went down on something I want for a change...heh. I wonder if it would be faster to order a catalog or just wait for the website to be updated.

I wonder if it would be faster to order a catalog or just wait for the website to be updated.

I wonder the same thing. But I love to have that hard copy, too. That way you can mark things and dog-ear to your heart's content! And it's way easier to take to the library/bookstore if you're needing to buy things along the way instead of all at once! :001_smile:

It'll probably take awhile to get to Tx, huh? I would like to order before April 1st to save a little $$ if there aren't too many changes.

Prudent...what is the cost of P4/5 with Readers K this in the new catalog? I'm just wondering how much more it will be if I wait.

I doubt I'll get the catalog before Friday.

Yes :001_smile: My (apparently lame) attempt at humor! Note the words:

It's not from Sonlight

There is no Son-Burst

(the "Burst of Sonlight" is the newsletter they send out with the catalog).

Merry :-)

I got it and laughed, if it makes you feel better. :D

Heather

It'll probably take awhile to get to Tx, huh? I would like to order before April 1st to save a little $$ if there aren't too many changes.

Prudent...what is the cost of P4/5 with Readers K this in the new catalog? I'm just wondering how much more it will be if I wait.

I just got mine today, and I'm in OK. There's hope!

So any idea what's different for 2009? (I have no SL forum access yet, but am kinda planning on SL for next year.)

From the "What's New" article:

• Science K-6 Thoroughly Revamped

• Language Arts K-6 also Thoroughly Updated and Revised

• Write at Home/Sonlight partnership means great coaches for your young writers

• Core 300/Literature -- Completely Updated

• Psychology

• Core INstructor's Guide Design Changes

• Special Gifts

• 3-, 6-, or 9-month time payments

• Horizon Manipulative "Filler Kits"

• New "Wish List" feature

• Sonlight Meetup 2010

I wonder the same thing. But I love to have that hard copy, too. That way you can mark things and dog-ear to your heart's content! And it's way easier to take to the library/bookstore if you're needing to buy things along the way instead of all at once! :001_smile:

Very true. I dunno, though. I did the buy a little at a time plan with the WP program we used this year, and I think I've decided that unless finances absolutely require it I'm ordering the whole pile in one box this year. Math and all, if I can manage it. (Except science...they don't carry something I like for that.)

From the "What's New" article:

• Science K-6 Thoroughly Revamped

• Language Arts K-6 also Thoroughly Updated and Revised

• Write at Home/Sonlight partnership means great coaches for your young writers

• Core 300/Literature -- Completely Updated

• Psychology

• Core INstructor's Guide Design Changes

• Special Gifts

• 3-, 6-, or 9-month time payments

• Horizon Manipulative "Filler Kits"

• New "Wish List" feature

• Sonlight Meetup 2010

Thank you!!

Edited by MamaSheep

So, if I order this before Apr 1st, I'll save $50?