Menu

Netflix -- Why did I wait so long to sign up?

We gave my Dad a gift certificate two Christmases ago, and I am finally getting around to signing up.

We don't have cable, so this is great! I watch videos when I ride my bike, so it's perfect. Plus, there are so many children's movies available!

I am so glad you took the plunge! We do not have cable as well and I love Netflix! You will have so much fun adding educational videos to your queue, unless you dh adds stupid movies before the ed ones!;) (Shh, don't let dh add movies. You will end up with dumb ones if you dh is anything like mine!)

Edited by wendilouwho
Umm, it's me. Bad grammar as usual.

That's how I felt when I signed up too!

One of the things I really like about Netflix is that after you go the website and start rating movies that you've seen (which is quick and easy), Netflix will automatically start offering you movies that they think you'll like. Since I don't keep up-to-date about movies, the Netflix recommendations have helped me find *many* movies that I really enjoyed, but had never heard of.

Enjoy!

That's how I felt when I signed up too!

One of the things I really like about Netflix is that after you go the website and start rating movies that you've seen (which is quick and easy), Netflix will automatically start offering you movies that they think you'll like. Since I don't keep up-to-date about movies, the Netflix recommendations have helped me find *many* movies that I really enjoyed, but had never heard of.

Enjoy!

You can also use the Friends option, where you can see the ratings given to movies by friends and family. I love to see what my in-laws recommend, because MIL is a pretty hard grader. If she gives a 5 then it is a great movie.

I just upped our subscription level in lieu of getting cable when we moved. Saving $55 a month on cable allowed for a nice boost in the Netflix.

We signed up a few months ago and I feel the same way. I know I was concerned how fast the turn around time would be with the mail and Netflix. It has been great. I'm very pleased and no more standing around the video store debating about what to watch.

We had been doing both Netflix and DirectTV, but we've been happier with just Netflix and are paying less overall. We get to pick what we watch and have enjoyed watching a lot of the old series in the evening together. I get documentaries tied into our schoolwork too.

Of course I can't find the article right now, but I read one a few weeks back in Business Week or something of that ilk that they have continued to do well financially while almost every other entertainment company is struggling in these economic times.

:iagree:I felt the same way a few years ago. Enjoy:D

We gave my Dad a gift certificate two Christmases ago, and I am finally getting around to signing up.

We don't have cable, so this is great! I watch videos when I ride my bike, so it's perfect. Plus, there are so many children's movies available!

I love Netflix and have been wanting to bump it up to 2 at a time!

I chose three at a time because I have half children's movies and half grown-up movies/documentaries. The price difference was so small, and it is still less than cable. :)