Menu

Yes my friends, it's another dessert question...cheesecake toppings??

We top ours with blueberries a lot. Yum, yum. Dh cooks them on the stovetop with a little brown sugar and a squirt of lemon.

I also recall having one once that had a cherry topping with amaretto mixed in, and maybe some chocolate drizzled over? I can't remember the exact setup, but it was AMAZING.

When I make cheesecake, I make a raspberry puree (from fresh raspberries) and swirl that in with the batter before baking. When finished, I top with fresh berries, leftover puree and freshly whipped cream.

Mmmmmmmmm....THAT'S why I don't make it very often.;)

I bet you could visit the Cheesecake Factory website for inspiration though...

My suggestion for something simple but a bit unique would be a simple dusting of nutmeg or other fragrant spice. In the fall, pumpkin pie spice would be nice.

Raspberry is my favorite fruity topping, but, oh boy, that chocolate, pecan, caramel thing up there someone posted....

Edited by KJB

:001_smile: I like to use fresh berries if possible because I feel that the heavy sugar in pie filling can take away from the subtle flavor in a New York style cheesecake. I think the same thing can happen with chocolate and caramel.

Lemon Curd. Maybe a little bit on top, and a sauce boat or ramekin of extra sauce for those who really love it! I made a plain cheesecake for Easter and serve the lemon curd on the side - most folks put some on the cheesecake. My FIL goggles up the lemon curd all by itself. I have started making a double batch of the curd and just giving him his own bowl of it.

Lemon Curd. Maybe a little bit on top, and a sauce boat or ramekin of extra sauce for those who really love it! I made a plain cheesecake for Easter and serve the lemon curd on the side - most folks put some on the cheesecake. My FIL goggles up the lemon curd all by itself. I have started making a double batch of the curd and just giving him his own bowl of it.

Ooh, that would be good. You reminded me that I have a few jars of lime curd. Now I just need a cheesecake.

Other than cherries or caramel, what toppings do you like on top of New York Cheesecake? I'm open to all suggestions....:)

Well, I wouldn't like cherries or caramel, but I do like berries. Chocolate-crumb cheesecake topped with raspberries, for example. In the summer, I like to make it with a graham crust and hint of lemon, topped with fresh strawberries. And Rafe's birthday cake (August birthday) is cheesecake topped with warm blueberry compote.

I like tart berries on cheesecake. Raspberries or marionberries would be my first picks. Blackberries and strawberries are a little sweet unless fresh with no sugar for me.

Blueberries are nice because the richness of flavor holds its own with the cheesecake.

Carmel, milk chocolate, nuts, any of these are a little sweet for me. A salty carmel sauce may be good though.

Dark chocolate is yummy, especially with a berry.

I don't like cherries.

I like spicy, warm flavors like pumpkin 'in' the cheesecake but have never had it as a topping. This is definitely a fall flavor for me though.

Pomegranate is trendy right now, it may work as a beautiful set glaze on top.

Lemon would be wonderful especially for spring.

Well, since Carrie (NayfiesMama) said she'd "maybe do some dishes", I had to kick in some volunteer work, too. You'd better get on that bandwagon or Julie's not gonna let you in the door!

;)

Chelle

Actually, I'm 100% sure that I have enough dishes that need washing, that you *all* have to have some! :rolleyes: