Menu

Toppings for pan of brownies?

I have a great brownie recipe - but does anyone top their brownies with anything to dress them up?

I was thinking about drizzling melted white chocolate bark over the top? I'm making snacks for 50 people this weekend and trying to keep on a budget.

Just yesterday we served brownies for my daughter's 12th birthday. We used No-Pudge brownie mix (a healthy, fat-free mix) and dressed up the pan of brownies using a recommendation from the "Recipes" section on the No-Pudge website ( http://www.nopudge.com/recipes ). I made another batch of brownies for myself (the Mounds Bar brownies), baked them in cupcake liners, and froze them.

There are A LOT of recommendations on that page! Hope you find something that looks good to you!

I think the white chocolate is a great idea.

I've sprinkled Andes Mint chips over the top of still warm brownies. After the candy softens, lightly spread. Don't over do or you'll lose the pretty green marbling from the mints. If you can't find the mint pieces, use the regular mints and break them up a bit.

Melt some caramels in the microwave. add a bit of water to thin. Drizzle the caramel over the cooked brownies.

A sprinkling of finely chopped pecans is always welcome at my house.

Easiest...sprinkle (sift) some powdered sugar over the top. To get fancy, lay a paper doily (sp??) down and sprinkle. Lift doily to leave a sugar design.

I think this is a Nestle recipe... I make a batch of boxed regular 9X13 brownies. (I use Aldi brand) Bake about 3 minutes shorter than regular time. When done pour on a bag of miniature marshmallows (evenly) and put back in for 3 minutes. When done. Take out and spread on :

1 to 1 1/2 cups choc. chips

1 to 1 1/2 cups peanut butter or almond butter

mix in rice krispies (not to much but enough to go around so the mixture is spreadable ;))

Spread on top of the marshmallows. These can be put in the freeezer right away to get them hardened. If they harden to much just let them sit out for a little while and then cut into squares. YUMMY!

I have also made these totally gluten free/casein free/egg free and they are good!

My family and neighborhood kids like the following dip recipe put on brownies - in fact if I don't put it on top they request it to dip their brownies in. The dip is: 1 pkg cool whip; 1 block cream cheese (bring to room temp) - blend together with mixer then slowly add in 1 lb box of Confection Sugar.

On top of the dip I sometimes add sliced strawberries or chocolate shavings or both.

I only dress my brownies up if I am serving them to people who have had them quite a few times before. When I dress them up I use either peanut butter frosting, cookie dough frosting, butter cream frosting with broken up oreo pieces on top, or mocha chocolate frosting.

I've added chocolate chips and mini-marshmallows to the top and then stuck them under the broiler to melt. Tip: Do not walk away from the oven while broiling marshmallows. They will start on fire. My kids still talk about the Brownie Flambe I made 6 or 7 years ago.