Menu

This recipe makes NO sense! An 8x8 pan does not make...

24 brownies. ;) It must be a misprint. There is no other explanation.

Am I right?

Jo

Well, sad but true, but only if you think that a teeny-tiny little chunk is a serving! :glare:

ETA: Math is not my thing, but an 8x8 pan cut into 24 servings would mean the brownies were about 1.8"x2", right?

Why does that sound so big, but seem so small when you're looking at it?

Edited by Julie in CA

ETA: Math is not my thing, but an 8x8 pan cut into 24 servings would mean the brownies were about 1.8"x2", right?

I get 24 1-1/3"x2" brownies out of an 8x8 pan. I think that's a good size for a fairy to eat.

I also like the cookie recipes that say they make 6 dozen cookies. I never get more than 3 dozen. I don't think I'm really eating half the batter!

Nope that's wrong. My 8x8 pan makes 4 brownies. Your recipe must be defective -- or really, really, really stingy. :D

Yes. The recipe was defective. I'm sure of it. ;)

We have solved the problem though. We have cut the pieces into the suggested 24 pieces and authorized a 4 brownie serving size.

It's all okay now.:D

Jo

It is the right size serving in my house, because I eat that size all . day. long! One little bite you know, because a whole brownie would be too much. LOL.

Or if your serving it with ice cream and caramel, whipped cream and a cherry. Now, that would just about right if you doubled the serving!

Silly, silly brownie people, they don't know that sometimes chocolate is the only thing that stands between a mom and her kids untimely demise. Don't they know that too small of brownies result in kids, duct tape and walls becoming up close and personal. Silly, silly brownie people.

Silly, silly brownie people, they don't know that sometimes chocolate is the only thing that stands between a mom and her kids untimely demise. Don't they know that too small of brownies result in kids, duct tape and walls becoming up close and personal. Silly, silly brownie people.

:iagree:Oh don't I know it on the untimely demise thing. My daughter would never make 16 tomorrow without me having copious quantities of chocolate brownies and other chocolate products lately. Love her but geez! Sometimes I look on her bed for the brain. I know she has one somewhere. When she PMS's though, she needs the brownie pan. Someone needs to let the brownie people know they are seriously deluded in how many brownies you get from their mix!

The other day we were all eating lunch together. My lunch consisted of coffee and chocolate chips. So I'm feeding the baby in his high chair and I say to him, "See (insert baby's name), this is what Mommy does. She takes a sip of coffee and a handful of chocolate and this is what makes her..."

"Get fat", says my 7yo ds.

"Stay sane" is what I had intended on saying, LOL. Clearly my middle ds hasn't yet figured out what has been allowing him to continue to live with us.:lol:

The other day we were all eating lunch together. My lunch consisted of coffee and chocolate chips. So I'm feeding the baby in his high chair and I say to him, "See (insert baby's name), this is what Mommy does. She takes a sip of coffee and a handful of chocolate and this is what makes her..."

"Get fat", says my 7yo ds.

"Stay sane" is what I had intended on saying, LOL. Clearly my middle ds hasn't yet figured out what has been allowing him to continue to live with us.:lol:

:glare:

Sounds like my 10yo!

Dd made brownies the other day. It has been a year or two (brownies aren't my favorite.) Without reading the box, she used the 13 x 9 pan we always used to use. It didn't even cover the bottom of the pan! She was supposed to bring them to school for her class (of 14) and will have to make another box.

And the price went up :glare:

"Stay sane" is what I had intended on saying, LOL.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who needs chocolate to stay sane.

I usually have awful PMS but right after Thanksgiving my period came without the PMS. I couldn't figure it out because it snuck up on me. Then I realized that my MIL had given me lots of chocolate that I had been eating daily and that is what kept me from my usual PMS. I now have my period marked on a calendar so I know when to start my chocolate binge.

:001_smile:

Kelly