Menu

Am I the only one who can't stand the smell of Febreze?

I really do not like the smell of Febreze at all. I can't understand why they couldn't get it to smell better considering the whole point is to spray it on things that smell bad. :confused: Or is it just me? Am I the only one? It's not that I'm against unnatural scents... I like Tide smell for instance. And Downy...and a host of other chemical type smelly things. But not Febreze. No thank you.

You are NOT the only one. Febreze smells nasty and it over strong. NeutrAir is another one. We had a family in one of our former churches that would spray that stuff EVERYTIME they went in the restroom. Could not breathe in there. I would hide it and find it out again. I finally got hold of the current janitor and that spray can disappeared and any that reappeared after it. And I don't have asthma...so I could only imagine anyone with respiratory problems having to deal with it.

I really do not like the smell of Febreze at all. I can't understand why they couldn't get it to smell better considering the whole point is to spray it on things that smell bad. :confused: Or is it just me? Am I the only one? It's not that I'm against unnatural scents... I like Tide smell for instance. And Downy...and a host of other chemical type smelly things. But not Febreze. No thank you.

My dh can't stand the smell of regular Febreze, but he doesn't mind the lavender one. Maybe you could try that?

About the only artificial smells I can tolerate are Tide and Downy. Everything else give me a headache and if it is really strong, quite nauseous. I cannot go in my MIL house if she has put perfume on that day.

So in answer to your question, no you are not the only one who cannot stand the smell of Febreze.

but I especially detest it when I discover that dh used it liberally while I was out. Or, worse yet, if he sprayed it in my car.

It's too strong for my nose, but more than that, all I can think of is, "Just what other odor was he trying to cover up?" I prefer a neutral, clean smell. So I am one that doesn't care for much of any of that scented stuff (candles, air fresheners), not just Febreeze.

more than that, all I can think of is, "Just what other odor was he trying to cover up?"

I run into that problem a lot too. :ack2: I actually can't stand a cinnamon air freshener scent anymore because it was the designated "bathroom" spray and it didn't cover everything up as well as it should. :ack2:

but I especially detest it when I discover that dh used it liberally while I was out. Or, worse yet, if he sprayed it in my car.

It's too strong for my nose, but more than that, all I can think of is, "Just what other odor was he trying to cover up?" I prefer a neutral, clean smell. So I am one that doesn't care for much of any of that scented stuff (candles, air fresheners), not just Febreeze.

this reminds me of a story about my mom. she was fanatical about spraying the bathroom with air fresher after she had a BM. she insisted it covered up the smell. i told her that it didn't really - she had merely created flowery scented poop stink.