Menu

TWTM or WTM?

What's your preference?  

1. 1. What's your preference?

• TWTM
    • WTM
    • Other

I hope I don't sound stupid, but do you mean when referring to the book titled The Well Trained Mind? If so, my preference is for WTM since I am a library nerd and "A", "And" and "The" are disregarded when alphabetizing titles.

Yeah. That.

I voted "other", because I find myself spelling out "the" (lower case), then using the acronym WTM.

So, the board is "the WTM Board". The people are "the WTM people" or "the WTMers" or "the folks on the WTM board."

Yes, but grammatically, you're using WTM as an adjective to describe which board or people, so the "the" is entirely appropriate.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

Does it settle it that SWB uses TWTM in this post?

:D

(Of course, I don't mind either way, but it's fun to see that I happen to have the same habit as SWB on this!)

No, it doesn't settle it. It just feeds the raging controversy :D

Bill (who does see this issue as a proxy battle in the culture wars :tongue_smilie: )

jk

"TWTM". Mainly because I feel like the word "The" is important in this title. It's not just "a" well-trained mind...it's THE well-trained mind. Taking out the adjective "The" in this case, seems to be more noticeable than with other titles. I don't know why, it just does. So there. :D

"TWTM". Mainly because I feel like the word "The" is important in this title. It's not just "a" well-trained mind...it's THE well-trained mind. Taking out the adjective "The" in this case, seems to be more noticeable than with other titles. I don't know why, it just does. So there. :D

:iagree:Can I change my vote back?