Menu

I met a nice person who has no idea what a load of baloney they were served today

I can’t give any details but today I witnessed a person unload a barrel full of family and personal information onto someone else, and, as it came tumbling out, there was so much spin, self preservation, cherry picking details to make themselves look good, exaggeration, fabrication, and much more. 

I drove all the way home with my face like this 😱

I could SEE it. The narcissism. If I ever doubted it was there before, I never will again. 

Dang. I just need a minute. 

Edited by Indigo Blue
  • Like 1
  • Sad 15

• Indigo Blue changed the title to I met a nice person who has no idea what a load of baloney they were served today
21 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

I can’t give any details but today I witnessed a person unload a barrel full of family and personal information onto someone else, and, as it came tumbling out, there was so much spin, self preservation, cherry picking details to make themselves look good, exaggeration, fabrication, and much more. 

I drove all the way home with my face like this 😱

I could SEE it. The narcissism. If I ever doubted it was there before, I never will again. 

Dang. I just need a minute. 

Yuck, but also good for you, clarity over self-doubt.

• Thanks 1

"The devil you know" is good information, I gather. 

Not at all sure if this is in anyway related to your situation, but I've been curious about this book just to see what kinds of mean and nasty things people do to each other out there - as a heads-up for possible attacks from unexpected people. I've been very fortunate to not have to deal with much of it personally. "Surviving a Shark Attack (on land)," by Dr. Laura Schlessinger.

• Like 1

It is hard to watch and stay quiet, but most of the time that is our only option. In the moment you would seem like this awful person...how could you say such mean things about this wonderful person? But narcissists gonna narc, and this person will eventually know the truth. At that point you can be there to console the victim. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As a listener,  if it sounds unlikely I will agree with the one telling the story and take it as a grain of salt.  Most people can determine a tall take when they hear it, but no one wants to confront the teller of stories. A  "Poor Me" story us usually suspect to those that hear it 😉