Menu

Argh, driver's license expired!

Kanin

3 minutes ago, Kanin said:

I just realized that my driver's license expired seven months ago. Argh!!!! Will I have to take the road test again? (GULP!)

Oh no! 😞 

DH accidentally let his expire once and he did have to take the road test. I'm pretty sure that was in this state. I'm so sorry! 

I live in a state that does not send written notification when it's time to renew one's license. Out of the six states I've lived in,

this is the only one that doesn't notify 3-60 days in advance. 

1 minute ago, QueenCat said:

I live in a state that does not send written notification when it's time to renew one's license. Out of the six states I've lived in,

this is the only one that doesn't notify 3-60 days in advance. 

Yes, why don't they send notifications? It's not like I look at my driver's license ever.

Now I need to become the kind of person who sends myself calendar invites for things 5 years in the future. That's sooo not me. 

This actually just happened to my husband in the past couple weeks.  He went somewhere, had to show ID, and they told him it expired lol.  In our state, you definitely DO NOT have to do the road test again.  That seems crazy.  Our state typically mails out a reminder too, I am not sure what happened there because he doesn't think he got a reminder.  When we were younger, we were pulling out ID all the time writing checks, etc.  Now we almost never have to pull out ID.  Who pays attention to that?  

He has done real ID.  I still haven't done that yet, sigh.  I'm nervous if I even have all the paperwork readily available.  

I just had to renew mine late. I only had to take the vision test because I wear glasses. I've lived in many states and overseas in my adult life and I haven't had to take a road test since I first got my license when I was 16. I only had to take a written test for my overseas license. I thought that was odd since I had to drive on the opposite side of the road. 🤪 

1 hour ago, gstharr said:

Happened to me a few months ago.  Since I had to go into DMV, I took the verifications needed for the Real ID. No written or driving tests.

Thank you! I hope that's me, too.

32 minutes ago, sweet2ndchance said:

I just had to renew mine late. I only had to take the vision test because I wear glasses. I've lived in many states and overseas in my adult life and I haven't had to take a road test since I first got my license when I was 16. I only had to take a written test for my overseas license. I thought that was odd since I had to drive on the opposite side of the road. 🤪 

Oooh. Thanks! There's hope!

• Like 1

Confession: when I moved states, I put off transferring my drivers license too long and had to redo the road test. So embarrassing. 🙈 Life was chaotic and overwhelming at the time. But I also have testing/performance anxiety, so that was worse than the overwhelm!

My current license expires at the end of the month and I forgot about the mail notification I received ages ago until I went test driving cars and really looked at it. Praise the universe, I was able to renew online!

Well, I'm an idiot. My license expires in September of 2024... as in the COMING September.  Apparently I don't understand dates!!!

The DMV lady had a good chuckle. 

I feel like a real dummy, but at least I don't need to take any tests 🤪 🫠 🙃

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

3 minutes ago, Kanin said:

Well, I'm an idiot. My license expires in September of 2024... as in the COMING September.  Apparently I don't understand dates!!!

🥳🎉👏🍻🎉🥳🎊🍻🎉

YAY! 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Kanin said:

I did that once, too! 🤭